1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2007 ABS issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Hafiz muhammad adil, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Hafiz muhammad adil

Hafiz muhammad adil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have Prius 2007 model imported from Japan. I m using this car from 2011 and it's milage is 100080km.
    Few months ago I face problem with ABS and dash board ABS lights turn on. I connect scanner and read code. Codes were C1256 & C1391. I took car to workshop and technician told me to replace ABS unit. I replaced ABS unit and everything working fine. After driving 5000km ABS alarm come again with high pitch continuous beep inside car and dash board ABS lights on again. I read the codes with scanner and codes are C1256, C1391 & C1252. I don't want to replace ABS unit again because it's very expensive.

I want to know is there anyway to disable complete ABS and use brake as non ABS brake. On other forum I read if ABS fuse removed from engine compartment fuse box then ABS will disable and brake work as normal non ABS brake. I remove ABS-1 fuse from the box and high pitch alarm off inside car and brake works normal again. But there are multiple ABS fuses in the box. I want to know what are the purposes of other fuses and is it safe to drive the car with one ABS fuse removed.