1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2007 won't start all dashboard lights on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Md Nowfel Mahmud Bhuyian, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Md Nowfel Mahmud Bhuyian

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My Prius 2007 had all the dashboard lights on (see picture) after sitting for more than a week in April. It wasn't starting at all. After having that for sitting for one month I replaced the 12v battery in firestone in May. It was running perfect but I had it sitting entire May as I was working from home. Last week when I tried starting I saw the same dashboard signals and the same starting issue as before. I towed it to nearby firestone (in a different town) and had it computer checked. The firestone folks say it's the hybrid battery that is bad now and only Toyota can fix it. Any advice?

Attached Files:

2. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You need a second opinion from an actual Toyota dealership shop.
    It would appear that a second tow will be needed.

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Your car is telling you what is wrong but you can't "listen" to it yet as you need to read the trouble codes via a OBD code reader for Toyota hybrids.

It is most likely that the HV battery has failed due to age and inactivity; that's common (lots of threads here) but since this is a fairly expensive and extensive repair you need to be certain so, again, the first step is to read the codes. Maybe ask firestone if they still have them since you paid for them. The typical code is P0A80 or sometimes the more generic P3000; the latter has sub-codes that narrow things down but most generic code readers can't see those.

GOOD LUCK!