1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2010 cannot reset tire pressure warning

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by whataboutbob, Oct 2, 2022.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    "Won't be able" must mean store policy, not a technical problem. The tools they use to program the car shouldn't care if the sensors came from Costco or from elsewhere.
    My local (WA) Costco didn't. They gave me new IDs, just like Discount Tire did, though I didn't witness the part where they used the magic wand to read the ID codes. But when doing seasonal tire/wheel swaps, my older ATEQ TPMS tools did find that the new sensors have different IDs than the old sensors, and I had to change the IDs stored in my auto files.

#41 fuzzy1, Oct 6, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I've just had the second one stop transmitting, two years and a bit after the first one.

But the one that just stopped was ok right until the tire it was in got burst by a fallen rock in Yellowstone, and has not worked at all since the tire was replaced. So I can't say for sure whether it was about to poop out from old age anyway, or got killed by the bursting of the tire, or got damaged when the nearby Walmart replaced the burst tire.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Well that would be correct if you're willing to dismount your tires and able to do that at home without cutting them with the saws all that is like I did. Then you're good to go You can sit there and dig out the silicone goop or that resin or whatever it is. And put in a 2032 or whatever that battery is and be well on your way that is certainly an option I just didn't do that before sensors are still sitting out there and top of an old toolbox somebody could do it if they wanted to most people are lots of people just opt for the new so I'm usually ordering new ones anyway so I just keep an extra set here the green label pacifics that's what came off generation twos that I have here. So that's what we're using I guessso that's what we're using I guess