1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2010 compatible 15 inch steel wheels for Winter Tires ??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by iFreedom45, Aug 20, 2009.

1. navguy12

navguy12 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Newbie here. Getting an '08 Prius in a week. Want to confirm what I gather from this thread: P185/65/15 winter tires, mounted on 15 inch steel wheels with a lug pattern of 5x100, no sensor needed. Am I good to go to use this for winter tires on my new car?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Mike

2. navguy12

navguy12 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know what I am doing

3. navguy12

navguy12 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry guys, some sort of finger trouble with a newbie here, do I still have thumbs down showing and how do I get posts to my questions sent to my hotmail so i know when to come back here, sorry for the start-up problems...

4. ataylorracing

ataylorracing ataylorracing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Earlier this week I bought a set of 15" rims from a wrecked 09 Prius to put on my wifes 11 that we bought just a week ago. I had a set of Firestone Winterfire (old version of Winterforce) studded snows that had been used for only 5 monmths (2 winters) on a 87 Voyager that my oldest had. The tire size of the snows is the same 195/65/15 that the Prius has. Tire Rack in South Bend, IN has 15" rims as low as $65 brand new for our cars, but the TPMs are about $284 a set...as they are at the Tire Barn and O'Reilly if you have a business acct. The 09 rims were only $85 each and had the sensors on them. I did NOT put the plastic rings back on the rims...AND was shocked that the original set of my Prius rims are BEAUTIFUL but covered by full width hub caps! NOTHING beats studded snows on glare ice...NOTHING!

Of course, we can't used them anywhere except Indiana. In fact, the year my son removed them from the van he had been turned around after the Bridge between Detroit and Canada due to the studs!

5. navguy12

navguy12 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Another place to look, thanks
    Cheers
    Mike

6. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

when i was a teenager my father had us pull out the studs (when worn) with needle nose plyers. he then kept using them the rest of the year.