1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2011 1.8 Hybrid Battery With unknown Faults

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Bilal Khan, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Bilal Khan

Bilal Khan New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, i have prius 2011 1.8 showing me checklight after every 2-3 days. After bringing car to the local mechanic and checking by a computer they told me that there is no problem with battery but still you should change the battery.
    i ask the mechanic why should i change battery instead i should replace few cells in the battery if they have problem. he told me that the computer is not showing any error in any cell.
    Now my question is i cannot afford buying hybrid battery for my car, what should i do to make the battery fix.
    Notes:
    1. My car battery cells are never change.
    2. Car is giving me average now 14.6/l. before it was 17/l
    3. location: Pakistan

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

if you're getting a check light, the car has set a trouble code. is there anyone there with toyota tech stream diagnostic software, so the codes can be read?

you need them to determine the exact nature of the problem.

as an aside, if and when your battery fails, if you have access to new cells, tech stream will determine which cells are out of balance and need to be replaced.

you might also consider a grid charger battery balance such as made by prolong systems.

3. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you can, please tell us what fault code the car is sending. If you have a warning light then it should have set a specific fault code.

4. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Do you know the history of the car? Are you original owner?

How is the 12v battery?? Is it original? 7-8 years old?
    Get that tested if you can, if the date on it is saying original you could change that??