1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2013 Front Vibrating when slow driving

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Indika, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Indika

Indika Junior Member

My Prius is 2013 My-Coordination version.

Few weeks ago when I was on expressway driving 100kmph suddenly I felt small vibration something like front tires are loosened. Stopped the car & checked all were ok. In this morning it happened again when slow driving & car was shaking/vibrating madly with "daka-daka" noise. Front tyres are not much good (too much worn-out) & need to replace. But a technician said it could be due to engine miss-fire because of one of Coil's issue. Any idea about this?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Can you describe with more details? Does the engine run rough when it first starts up before you start driving? Or is it not related to the engine, but another part of the car?

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Tire weight flung off? I think that would be much less severe though.

Check the lug nuts are all torqued (76 ft/lb). And there...

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    egr clogged? how many km on her?

5. Indika

Indika Junior Member

Hi thank you for relying.

Ut happened 10mins after driving when i took an elbow turn to expressway. Happened with a big honking like sound. After that it started to front vibrating. Didn't find anything unusual except bad front tyres which ones edge has gone. When phoned to a tech guy he asked it is shaking going bit fast. I checked and found it doesn't shake when speed upto 40kmph. When drived 5kmph it shaked again. So he said it might be engine misfire due to a bad Coil. And if its the case i have to replace it. Anyhow i got exited from the expressway at 60kmph and came to office. But 5 hrs later or in next trip car drived smoothly again in low or normal speed. Didn't drive fast actually. Still couldn't see a tech guy. Can this be due to bad plug or bad coil? Or any idea pl?

Hi 82,000km

Hi will check. Thank you

#5 Indika, Nov 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2019