1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2021 (XLE) Review

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by roguetadhg, Jun 11, 2021.

1. roguetadhg

roguetadhg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    I spend about 12 hours a day in my prius and it's about 30 days since I've gotten it. So here's my thoughts about the car. I'm looking into fixing them myself but until that time...

I use my car for Family Carrier, Hotel (Long trips), Delivery Services (Food Mostly) and Office (Using my laptop for IT work and documentation.)

Note: I'm sure some of these have work arounds. And I'm sure there's some of them that have a way to work but I just don't know yet.

Overall:
    - Wireless CarPlay.
    - The USB cable plug (for the entertainment), near the front, instead of the middle. So it doesn't interfere with cups and can be more easily routed on the dash.
    - Rain Sensing (Auto) rear wipers. I like the rear wipers but I don't like to keep them on and often "INT" is still too much for most of the time. I like to have them on because of my dash cam.
    - Remove the Qi Charger
    - Storage under the Joystick.
    - Storage above the glove department.
    - Larger cup holders with heat/chill function.
    - An outlet in the front passenger foot well for a laptop charger.
    - Secondary Battery.
    - Option to know about the battery's voltages.
    - Fog Lights in the Non-AWD version.
    - Rear fog lights.
    - LED Accent lights.

Trunk:
    - Rear 12V hookup. I have a food-grade heating pad that I'd love to just connect to the trunk.
    - Second light on the other side.
    - Both Lights work independently of the cabin's "light" option. I prefer having my cabin light off to not attract unwanted attention but I do need my trunk light to come on. For the longest time I didn't think I even had trunk lights.

HUD:
    - Make it move left or right.
    - Wider visible range so you can sit in any position instead of a sweet spot.
    - Navigation with CarPlay

Doors:
    - Red Reflective courtesy light. (I've replaced mine with VLED's Red Lights)
    - The Lock/Unlock buttons and all window buttons are illuminated.
    - Remove the glossy piano black that can cause reflections.
    - Doors can lock immediately after closing (Safety). Doesn't need to be in park.
    - Side Mirrors are signals, too. No Chrome.
    - The Blind Spot monitoring on the mirror can be invisible during dusk hours.

When the car is running:
    - Option to silence and reduce the "I'm still turned on" 5 chirping noises, whenever any door closes.
    - Keys will still remotely lock and unlock the car, when the car is running. I can physically lock the car with the key but remotely would be best.
    - The doors will lock whenever the key is no longer detected (Walk Away Lock)
    - Don't turn off the car in an hour. (While sitting inside the car.)

Camera:
    - Center.
    - Two cameras on either side for L and R backup.

Option to turn off the radar so it'll stop warning me while in a car wash or back up near bushes.