1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 2023 anyone provide a few quick measurements?

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by wstt, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Hammersmith

Hammersmith Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Prius/Prime cargo spaces: Yes/no. The cargo space in all Primes is the same as in the XLE/Limited(except there are fewer/shallower pockets in the white tray in the Prime). But the overall cargo space is the same when the trunk deck is in. But the Prius LE still has more open cargo space than any of the other models/trims because its tray allows the floor to be lower.

My Toyota Technical Information System subscription expired today so I can't give you its proper name, but it's part of the battery charging/monitoring system. If you get a Prime with the solar roof option, there will be another smaller box on the right side as well.

As for the hybrid battery, it's no longer accessed from inside the vehicle. It's now mounted under the floor and accessed from underneath(I don't know if that was also true about the gen4, but the gen2 & gen3 batteries were accessed from inside).

Maxwell61 likes this.
  2. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    Not and keep the floor level. You can see the floor pan drop downward in the Prius, but rise upward in the Prime. Just look at the top of the crossmember in the upper part of the picture. In the Prime, the floor pan rises up to almost meet the top of the crossmember. In the Prius, it looks like the pan drops about two inches right away, and you can see the resting point for the tire is even a little below that. And none of that even takes into account that some of the battery charging module seems to be the highest point of everything. No possible way to safely place a spare into that area without raising up the floor at least a few inches(above the level of the folded rear seats).

Trollbait likes this.
  3. Hammersmith

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    It's also interesting that the side trim panels are even different as well. Notice that the panels in the Prius have a recessed edge to accept the deck cover, while the ones in the Prime don't. It makes me wonder if there's a similar difference in the LE compared to the XLE/Limited. There would almost have to be, because the floor heights are different.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    From x-ray photos of the the drive train, that module is the Prime's onboard charger.

The batteries for both are under the rear seats. Being larger, the Prime's extends to the rear. This leads to the gas tank being mounted higher, which is likely why the cargo space floor pan is higher up. I guess the black plastic cover with cable in the photo is access to the fuel pump.

You could pull up the rear seat bottom to get to the battery in the gen4.

Maxwell61 likes this.