1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 250K miles and replaced hybrid battery

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by 2GenPrius, May 30, 2020.

1. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What is the code?
    Is that with the A/C on? If not, use the A/C to keep the cabin temperature below 82ºF. The cooler the better.

Are you using Torque to monitor the inlet air temperature for the HV Battery?

2. 2GenPrius

2GenPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

There is no code, I was saying if the relay or blower were not performing correctly then it would throw a code, right? And yes, I am using Torque Pro to monitor the inlet temp, it's on the attachment I posted earlier. I turned the AC on but with that and running the fan speed at max 6 using the torque pro override, it's a bit much driving around town. I'm thinking of running it at 3 or 4 setting and seeing if that's better.

Since this battery is a lot better than the last, I'm thinking I should do a recondition on it? Anyone in SoCal with a Prolong that can help?

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What do yo mean by 'a bit much', is it cooling too much?

I would be leery about overriding the fan at any speed below 6 (max), as the vehicle won't be able to increase the fan speed as needed.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. 2GenPrius

2GenPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I meant drawing amps from the system, therefore drawing down against the battery system. I hit two bars yday driving around town with the fan set to max speed (and max AC). I guess I'm just afraid of tapping out this battery too, which shouldn't be a problem if its a good battery.