1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 3 Touring Rims

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Haji1987, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Haji1987

Haji1987 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I have a 2017 Prius 3 touring. I have noticed that the plastic parts of my rims have been peeling/discoloring and I don’t really see any reason why they would be doing so. Not all 4 wheels have shown this, it’s more on about 2/4 of the wheels. I was wondering if this was a common issue that anyone else has had experience with. I don’t have any pets that urinate on my car and really have no other explanation as to what could’ve started this peeling to happen. I have attached a picture to give you an idea of what I am referring to.

Attached Files:

2. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    How do you wash the car? Maybe an automatic car wash with brushes has worn the finish off. Our '16 Touring with same wheels shows no wear on inserts.

Reypac24 likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah there's odd brush marks. Getting a bodyshop to repaint them would be neck-and-neck with replacement? Do yourself with spray cans? Watch some youtube first.

I'll bet dollars-for-donuts they're Classic Silver Metallic (1F7), if you want to stick with the stock colour.

4. dmh1026

dmh1026 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    It’ll happen to all of them. Mine are doing that now on all 4 wheels.

5. Haji1987

Haji1987 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I looked into the price to replace and it would be $25 each piece to replace. About $500 to cover enough for all the wheels because i know i only posted a picture of one, but all of the wheels are like that. The existing pieces are perfectly fine and the damage is purely cosmetic. I do like the idea of popping them out and spray painting them if i can find a paint that matches the stock. I just don't have the resources to lift the car to get all the wheels off to do that here in my driveway.

Side note: Does anyone know if they have a touch up paint that matches the glossy black part? I wouldnt mind touching up the scratches in those areas as well.