1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius 4 touring wheel part number

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by yeldogt, Feb 17, 2018.

1. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Trying to confirm the proper part number --- our 2016 4T hit a pot hole and bent the rim. The online Toyota parts just say they all fit the 2 with pictures of various wheels. The 3 and 4 touring have the ugly black wheels with five silver plastic inserts. When I search the part number for what looks like the proper wheel --- some sites say it's for the Prime? My local dealer will not give you the part number --- and they needed the vin to tell me anything ..... I was just trying to see if it was available (from them) and what they wanted (I'm sure expensive -- that dealer is never competitive)

I'm coming up with 42611-47500 for the wheel. The price is all over the place from low $600 w/ free ship --- down to one online dealer at around $225 + shipping.

The only wheel repair place that got back to me said they cannot fix it ... I'm sure If I can get the rim up to WCS in Bath PA they can fix it ... but that's going to cost me $200 at least ....may be easier to find used or buy from that cheap dealer.

If I have the correct part number ... nothing is easy. Second pot hole issue this winter .... blew a tire on the Lexus CT .. had to buy two?

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    42611-47500 is also the part number shown in Figure 41-03, Disc Wheel & Wheel Cap, in Toyota’s parts catalog. (It’s “Type C” in the second illustration.) The list price is $475.15. A dealer near me offers them online at $322.80. I believe the plastic inserts are sold separately: 42602-47210 for the one with the valve hole, and 42602-47160 for the remaining four; the list price is $36.86 each.

Toyota recommends, in Collision Repair Information Bulletin 2015-154, “Wheel Reconditioning & Replacement,” against repair of wheels, except for “cosmetic sanding and refinishing processes that remove and replace ONLY paint coatings.” They also sell the replacement wheels, but I’d be inclined to take their advice.

RCO likes this.
  3. yeldogt

yeldogt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Located two on e-bay that look fine -- $195 including shipment. I will have a spare in case it happens again.

nednvermont and RCO like this.