1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius abs vsc codes 2005

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Bhm25, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Bhm25

Bhm25 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so have my abs vsc (!) and brake lights on i got it into diagnostic mode where the lights flash and you get a 2 digit cycle of codes . These are the codes i came up with . Any ideas what they mean . Thanks

2005 prius 205k miles

43 , 45 Vsc

( ! ) , 36

Abs , 42

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    no idea. can you put a code reader on it, and see what comes up?

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A quick look in the Repair Manual at techinfo.toyota.com maps those two digit codes to their 5-character DTC equivalents, and tells you what to do about them.

I'm not signed into techinfo right now ... the various fakebooks you can pull up in google for free give fairly generic one-liners (like "ABS control system malfunction") for these particular codes, and that's the problem with googling fakebooks. This may well be one of those issues where you really just need to go to the manual and look up those codes, which will point you to several pages of testing steps to narrow down what the trouble is, and you just dig in and do that.

-Chap

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    A followup on this thread concerning the few 'mystery' blink codes that can't be found in some editions of the Gen 2 manual (36 on ECB, 42 on ABS, 43 or 45 on VSC): more here.