1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Addiction

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RBW111, May 4, 2005.

1. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeromep\";p=\"87510)</div>
    They are 16 inch wheels: standard equipment.

By fender singnal indicators do you mean the parking sensors or is it something what even I haven't noticed yet :)

When you buy the car in the US do you take both summer and winter tyres?

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    fender signal indicators would the be side indicators mounted on the fenders above and behind the front wheels.

Ours come with "all-season" tyres. I don't know about the states but I think we would have to buy our own summer or winter tyres

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dontcheff\";p=\"87710)</div>
    I think he was referring to the turn signal repeater lamps on your front fenders near the door seam. A lot of us wish we had the fender turn signal repeater lamps as well, they're an important safety feature on the highway.

Oddly enough, here in Canada the Toyota Echo Hatchback (Toyota Yaris in Europe) retained the front fender turn signal repeater lamps. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dontcheff\";p=\"87710)</div>
    Where you live you're mandated to use "proper" winter tires in winter. With rare exceptions, folks here in North America believe in "all season" tires. Local jurisdictions may require studded snow tires or tire chains depending on weather conditions.

Recently, in Canada the Province of Quebec mandated winter tires to counter an increasing winter crash rate.

I personally believe it's still impossible to make a true "all season" tire. A tire optimized for cold winter ice/snow conditions wouldn't last long driving in hot summer conditions, and a tire optimized for dry hot highway conditions has almost zero ice grip in cold winter conditions.

Some folks may disagree with this, but official testing proves it. At highway speeds, you can reduce your stopping distance at least by 1/3, usually 1/2, running proper studless winter tires.

On my Prius, when I compare the winter driving performance at -40 running my Dunlop Graspic DS-2 studless tires to my Michelin Harmony tires, it literally is a day and night difference. Especially at icy intersections.

5. dontcheff

dontcheff New Member

Right, here is a better picture of the signal repeater lamps on the front fenders:

6. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I sure like those wheels!