1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius alarm will NOT stop!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Alecjoel, Mar 10, 2016.

1. dbstoo

dbstoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Many cars will trigger the burglar alarm when the battery runs down. I've seen it on GM models and Ford models. I'm not sure if Toyota does the same.

2. MoeHoward

MoeHoward Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    Two
    I know the reason. You have a faulty alarm sensor. Alarms have a set of sensors, motion/vibration, door/hood/trunk opened switch and pressure sensors. Try disconnecting each one of these sensors/switches, let the car sit for a while, to isolate the one that is faulty. If you disconnect a sensor and this issue stops. You found the fault. Some systems require the sensors to be connection, in such cases, you’ll need to check each sensor/switch to ensure it’s still in spec.

3. Good ole uncle snarf

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys and gals I hope this helps. My girlfriends car was doing the same thing while playing with the infotainment system it all of a sudden gave me a caution on the screen. (It said caution there is a problem transmission p lock mechanism. Park your car on a flat service and apply the parking break.). Note I did this 2 hours ago and no trouble thus far. So try putting on the e break and see what happens. good luck
    Snarf snarf lol.

Attached Files: