1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius as a 2KW power generator

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by nolik, Mar 31, 2024.

1. nolik

nolik New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I'm making a 2kW power generator out of a Prius. I disassembled the battery and removed the wires. Now I can connect to it and take energy but also charge it
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/94LdsCHZVWg

2. vaughnstark777

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Keep the details coming!

3. nolik

nolik New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    The charger is made in Poland, a Polish patent, not a Chinese one. The charger charges a maximum of 7A, the initial charging current can be determined. You can set when the charger should stop charging. I don't know what smaller battery the charger can charge because I don't have another battery and I have no way to check it. The charger charges my HV battery perfectly. The maximum can give about 1000V - 1500V

4. ronlewis

ronlewis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I've thought of converting my parts cars into generators - the engines still run just fine, just the bodies wrecked/parted out. But the HV batteries are the weak link. If you're driving the car every day to get your use out of the battery, you're good. But to just have it sitting, waiting for you to need a generator, which would be my case since the cars aren't road legal, the HV batteries go bad.

5. nolik

nolik New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I do not see a problem. connect my charger to the HV battery. the charger will maintain the battery voltage for several years. And whenever you need a generator, turn it on and you will be king :)
    the most important thing in this set is the engine, the battery is only needed to start it and start charging and stabilize the voltage. So the battery may be weak, but ok

#5 nolik, Apr 5, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2024
  6. nolik

nolik New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I started the Prius and put a load on the 2.5 kWh HV battery. A DC/AC converter (pure sine wave) with a maximum power of 4 kWh is connected to the HV battery. The converter was manufactured in Poland and is a Polish patent, not a Chinese copy from nowhere. Everything works perfectly.

7. nolik

nolik New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    my prius did not let me down again. Today there was no electricity in the garage, the excavator damaged the cable. I connected the drill to the Prius and drilled a hole for the new cable :) bravo me. Poland is on top again, the only Prius-generator in the world was made in Poland :)

#7 nolik, Apr 10, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
  8. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  9. nolik

nolik New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Oh, thanks for letting me know, it didn't occur to me that someone else did that. I just did what I wanted without looking for information on the Internet. I'd love to read it.