1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius battery and going on vacation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by erosen, Nov 24, 2006.

1. voltman

voltman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Erwin,I have been away for almost a month without a problem. Frank

2. Solarman44

Solarman44 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Last summer we went to Eastern Europe for a month and had our 2004 Prius parked in our garage. When we got home the car came on line like I had just left it. I had 4 bars of battery. The alarm was off and we don't have the smart key.

BTW I had to get a new key module, as one of mine only started the car but would not lock and unlock. Changed the battery and still no luck. I took it to Toyota and they reprogramed another new one to the tune of $273.00 OUCH!!! :mad:

3. deroulet

deroulet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have left my Prius Parked several times for a month without any precautions except for a car cover and I have yet to run into a problem. The last time was for four months and all I did was disconnect the 12V battery’s + and – terminals. When I came home I hooked them back up and the car started right up. I lost my station presets but my memory points and all other settings where retained. I have the Toyota service manuals for the 2007 and it states the same thing that David Beale said about SKS turning itself off after inactivity over a given time.