1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Battery Goodwill Warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Shanaa, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Shanaa

Shanaa New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,

My 2007 Prius has ~78,000 miles on it. The red exclamation point warning light on the dash recently came on (along with several other warning lights). I took it to a local mechanic and was told that the hv battery needed to be replaced. My battery is out of the warranty in years (there is only an 8 year warranty in North Carolina) but not in miles. I called Toyota care to see whether they would give me any financial assistance since I'm under the warranty mileage limit but they are requiring that get it diagnosed by them (and pay the >$100 diagnostic fee) before they will give me any indication about whether they will assist me. So my question is whether anyone has any knowledge about or experience with Toyota's requirements for the goodwill warranty. If there is some chance that they'll help me, I'll take it to them but if others in similar situations haven't gotten help from them I will be looking into cheaper options.

Ps. I rarely use the dealership for my repairs so if loyalty is a factor in their decision making process, it's unlikely they would assist me.

Thanks!

2. Shanaa

Shanaa New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! there's always a chance. for a couple hundred bucks at the dealer, it's worth a try imo. all the best!(y)

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Don't know about Good Will, but if you own in a carb State the warranty still goes for another year or so, if your mileage is still under 150K. Most likely you're not willing to move, however, if you push that info in their face you have a tiny chance they may actually show a bit of flexibility