1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Battery Replacement (GenII) Like you've never seen - NEW Cylindrical Cells

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by 2k1Toaster, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Todd Bonzalez

Todd Bonzalez Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Wow that's insane that after almost a year you don't have a better or a refund, given that the seller says they've fixed their supply-chain issues?

disgruntled2007 likes this.
  2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would agree. We don't show any outstanding orders from then. If we issued a refund (which it sounds like?) then there isn't much more I can do.

gliderman likes this.
  3. qlak

qlak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today is the first day Nick has reached out to me since June 5, 2022 when I asked for an update.

I have sent Nick my email confirmation for the order and a screen shot from his website (taken today) that shows my order “Awaiting fulfillment”.

If the order was shipped as he said, how did he send it? I want to follow up with the shipping company. Not sure I would send a $1600 item without some receipts. No confirmation. No communication.

If it was truly delivered and stolen off my property then I will be the first one to let it be known. I think his response here speaks volumes.

4. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If anyone orders anything from any company, and you wait over 3 months for delivery,
    don't blame the company.
    Use a credit card, if it's not delivered in 1 or 2 weeks, contact the company, if you're not satisfied
    with the answer, contact the card company and stop payment.

5. qlak

qlak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm, guess i learn something new every day. I’m generally a trusting guy. Usually give people the benefit of doubt. It’s worked in my favor more times than not. I did learn something though, that credit card companies (at least mine) only let you contest charges for 90 days.

WHCSC likes this.
  6. Brucetafer

Brucetafer Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I can tell you first hand that I had the same issue with newpriusbatteries.com, first shipment was lost or stolen, toaster immediately shipped me a new one (at his cost) to me super fast.. this was prior to the "covid" shutdown crap so im sure its been a lot worse on both parties.. either way that's my experience.. battery is still going strong 4 years later

ASRDogman likes this.
  7. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You should have known that if you read the terms and conditions. It is pretty much standard for any card issuer affiliated with Visa or MasterCard (the card scheme). The chargeback facility is offered by the card scheme so not much an individual issuer can do except follow the rules as laid out by the scheme.

8. qlak

qlak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Agreed. Never had to ask for a charge back before and if you have time to read the terms and conditions of your credit card, your a better man than I am :). I have had the same card for many many years.

9. qlak

qlak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I stand corrected “better person than I”.

WHCSC likes this.
  10. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You were right the first time. Without the "am" at the end it would be "better person than me".

I think people think that's how the king speaks, but she doesn't.

WHCSC likes this.
  11. qlak

qlak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Appreciate the correction. Thats funny, I was more concerned someone would be offended that I wrote “man” instead of “person” that i did not think of grammar.

12. qlak

qlak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Update. Nick offered me a new battery or a refund. I chose the refund ($1600) and he promptly complied.

We were never able to figure out what the mix up was. His end showed the battery delivered and my end showed it awaiting fulfillment. He apparently has a lot of scammers and is very leery of them.

I reached out here because I was getting nowhere with communication. This forum helped put me in touch with Nick and get a refund. Thank you! I will drop the issue, consider it closed and let you make your own decision on his batteries.

13. Larryy

Larryy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, "man" is more appropriate because that is what you are. A "person" is a commercial corporate entity, which you are not, but you have probably been acting in fiduciary capacity for one for most of your life.

ASRDogman likes this.
  14. Larryy

Larryy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I must say that my experience with Nick has been very positive. I bought my battery from him before the covid games started. Delivery was prompt and communication was good. However, I did not expect it to stay that way. How could Nick communicate effectively with an ever growing customer base? You need people for that. It appears he's an entrepreneur trying to work it himself. Add to that the difficulties the covid fraud dropped on everyone and we can expect turbulence in business. Also when I began to experience battery issues, he bent over backwards to help when he didn't have to.

I understand the frustrations but I suspect it will all work out.

Brucetafer likes this.
  15. Lwerewolf

Lwerewolf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    May I ask why the non-prius "choices" were dropped? I'm asking as there are quite a few cars that use the same modules (original 6-cell form factor) in different amounts (say, up to 40 for a gs450h).

16. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Dropped from new Prius batteries?

17. dnlshrn

dnlshrn New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone made an order recently, at most a month ago? I just got my P0A80 + P3000 code and was wondering if it was possible to get the battery within 2 weeks of ordering (or at all, after reading some very concerning posts here).

The website doesn't say that it is backordered currently, although the fine print at the bottom does say that the battery may or may not be available to ship at the time of order which can add 30 days to the ETA.

Is this company even still recommended as the best new battery replacement or is the other lithium guy that's out of stock the only option for new batteries now?

18. Larryy

Larryy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What other "lithium guy"?

19. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the lithium guy is not the 'other' as new prius batteries are not lithium.

there are a lot less complaints over there, i would be very cautious with either route.

20. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base