1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Bladder System-Tip to Restore Tank Capacity

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hb06, Oct 24, 2006.

1. cuong.v.nguyen

cuong.v.nguyen New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Here is my opinion on this issue. The nozzle fit very snuggly with the Prius Gas tank opening, thus as you fill quickly the pressure build up fast. Result the gas nozzle will shut off. Thus pull the gas nozzle out and re-inserting it and pump slowly will allow you to continue to pump. As far as the bladder shrinkage, it should not shrink as much. Remember the blader is inside a tank tight as it attempt to shrink vaccuum will keep it from not able to collapse. So if there is any shrinkage it should be a very small amount. As far as attempting to rig up a hose that would defeat the safety feature of your car. And can cause a hazardous to you if you are in an accident. So I would just pull out the nozzle and let it rest for a few seconds then refill.

2. SparkyFirefly

SparkyFirefly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    1. My 07 Touring Prius will only take 6.5 gallons when the last bar is flashing and fuel light on. It'll take 6.7 gallons if I top off with 6 more 3 second clicks. Other Priuses I've driven take 8-9 gallons with a flashing bar. Can this be explained? How can I fix this? I tried stretching the bladder in warm weather with topping it off twice, but didn't want to do it more than that because of the overfill risks.

2. How can we tell if the charcoal overfill is saturated? Can it be replaced?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    open the cap and let it vent for a minute.

pump as slowly as possible.

try different pumps and stations.

hold the nozzle at 90 and 180 degrees.

4. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How many miles are you driving on that amount? I wonder how different gen 2 and gen 3 tanks are? The cars themselves are not that different. Would a gen 3 tank bolt up in a gen 2?

5. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring

Take a look at post 33 in this thread. The second attachment discusses this exact situation and how to fix it.......................