1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Blower Motor- Is repair Possible ??

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Juntuner, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Juntuner

Juntuner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello

On my Prius the Blower motor for the incar ventilation system has stoped working correctly .
    it sometimes completely stops blowing while on the full speed setting
    and then starts working at a low speed then stops again
    a Gentle tap can get it to start working again .

To try and resolve the problem I removed the blower Motor and cleaned it with compressed air and a great amount of dust came out .I then used Contact cleaner and a Teflon spray lubricant but the problem persists !

my questions are
    1.has anyone successfully repaired a blower motor
    2.is it the brushes that wear down ( I am guessing )
    3.if you did repair it what new parts did you fit and is there a write up on how to do it

The unit is a sealed unit and it looks like it cant be taken apart

but I will try and fix it once my new motor Comes in [​IMG]

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there may be some threads here iirc. but you have to isolate the problem between the switch, wiring, circuit board and motor, don't you?

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I seem to recall a thread where someone did, in fact, take it apart. I think I saw the thread here within the last year (of course it could have been an older thread I just saw for the first time). I do not have many ideas for a search strategy that would allow you to find it, other than "it was about the blower motor and had disassembly pictures."

I want a search engine smart enough for a query like that, but I don't know of one.

In the US, some Gen 3 Prii came with a solar panel and an unoccupied ventilation mode. In those models, a brushless blower motor is used. In models without that option, the blower motor is ... brushful.

4. Juntuner

Juntuner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I replaced this blower Motor around 200k miles ago ,its 100% the Blower motor and not the switch or relay etc. the last motor I took out I tried to repair to no avail. but wanted to know if anyone has actually been able to make a viable fix for the issue

will try the Search ChapmanF thanks for the idea of a word string

bisco likes this.