1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Body kits

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by hycamguy07, Feb 21, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ok after 4 days of looking for this website on the Kenstyle full custom wide body ground effects kit, this is what I have learned.... The car pictured is an 05' Prius with a custom ground effects kit built for the Japanese Auto Show..

Below is the Kenstyle wide body kit (custom)
    [attachmentid=2324][attachmentid=2325]

Next are the kits being mass produced for sale to the public..

This is the Modellista front spoiler from japanparts
    [attachmentid=2329]

This is the front spoiler offered from Sigma
    [attachmentid=2326]

This is a Kenstyle NHW20 Prius Aero kit
    [attachmentid=2327][attachmentid=2328]
    Found here:
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

I hope this helps anyone who may have also been looking for what these kits look like.... :lol:

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here you go:

http://sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php

If you don't see the one you want, I'm sure you can contact Areometer and he can order it for you.

If it's anything like the TRD body kits for the MR2 Spyder, they should be easy to install - they just bolt on.

3. slortz

slortz New Member

I have the Modellista kit. It only has front and rear pieces. It was very easy to install.
    There is a double-sided tacky strip on the inside of each piece. You clean the area on the car that this will stick to with the supplied alcohol wipe, then set it in place. Once you are satified that it is lined up properly, you need to drill holes for the screws that will additionally secure it to the inside of the wheel well rim.

For the Modellista kit, the front was much easier because it doesn't require removal of anything and fits on without much play. The rear spoiler was harder because you have to remove the existing black lower spoiler, also there is more play in the fit so it takes more time making sure everything is level and adjusted correctly.

I ordered mine through japanparts.com. The initial price was cheaper than sigmaautomotive but the shipping costs were about $400, which wiped out any savings on the price. Overall, would've been cheaper to go with sigma.
    I probably get the aero side skirts from sigma in the future.

Good luck. :)

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    These are the pics I have of the Kenstyle kit, but can not find any info on it..

the single right side shot of the silver prius is another manufacturer?

6. slortz

slortz New Member

I've never seen those kits before. Thanks for the images.
    The Kenstyle kit looks pretty radical. It's not just the front/rear spoiler and side skirts but the fenders as well. Too wild for my tastes.
    The kit on the silver prius looks better, IMO. I don't care for the chrome rims though.
    I suspect the Kenstyle kit may have been a one-shot brand advertisment and that they don't actually produce a kit for people to buy. Could be wrong though, there might be a way to get one from Japan if you knew where to look and who to ask. Maybe you can try emailing the Kenstyle people and asking? :)

7. slortz

slortz New Member

Upon closer inspection of the images, it looks like that silver prius is kenstyle as well. The front spoilers look the same and the license plates look like they have the same logo. The difference seems to be the fender flares. Cant' see what the rear top spoiler looks like on the silver prius although it seems like that might be OEM.
    Maybe Kenstyle sells the silver prius kit which is a toned down version of their showcase prius?

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

I really like the right side shot body kit better too not as bling blingish, lol get that kit instaled and come out and the cars gone...

Nope I like the front spoiler, Im sure I could order the side pieces from sigma but been looking for that front one...

Oh ok I'll have to look back at kenstyle, is there somone in the us that may carry them?

Also using japanparts I guess you can get the same items from sigma at for the same price?

9. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    the Kenstyle looks too Art Deco Sci Fi; like something out of Flash Gordon. At first glance, I liked it, but as I looked longer at it I had the feeling that it would soon become "dated" in my mind. The add-ons detract from the simplicity of the OEM Prius.

I also think the additional spoiler, cutting right through the line of sight out the rear window, is a safety hazard.

How do you get into the back seat? Two of the three photos show no door handles that I could see.

10. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    My sister-in-law's first new car was a dark burgundy Fiat 124 spyder convertible. It was a classic design and she was in love with that car. All her life she had driven Fords and Chevys. This was liberation!
    My brother is a compulsive tinkerer and is enamored with muscle cars. After 2 yrs. he couldn't control himself and said he was going to fix the car up and get the dings and paint chips fixed. By the time he was finished with mag wheels, chrome mirrors, fat tires, candy apple paint job, the car looked like a Bronx harlot. My sister-in-law never drove the car again.

Sometimes it's best to leave a good design alone unless your skills equal the creator's.