1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Body Side Molding Group Buy - $110 shipped. Plus new Chrome moldings!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Danny, Dec 4, 2008.

1. jaw444

jaw444 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After reading the orginal post, which says the group buy is available during a certain window of time in December, I thought the deal was over, but in that post it gives a link you can click on to make the purchase, so i clicked on it just now and it appears you can still buy the moldings for $110 shipped, through Google checkout.

When i clicked on it, it brought up a page where i can choose my color, with a Buy Now button for Google Checkout. Clicking that button leads to a page where you sign in to your Google account if you have one, or you can register, and after you sign in, you get a page where you check boxes about whether you want to get promotions from the seller, which is HybridUtopia in South Carolina, and there's a Place Order Now button. It says $110 on all the pages.

I didn't click the Place Order Now button because i just bought the moldings from Prius chat, but if you want to get them for $9 less, this seems to be an ongoing current price.

As far as cancelling the Prius chat order goes, I'm going to go ahead and pay the extra $9 without looking into how to do that. I'm sure you can return them for a refund but you might have to pay for return shipping.

You can email the Prius Chat store and explain why you want to cancel, maybe they'll do it.

When you choose your color from the pull down menu, you can choose your color for $110 or you can also choose your color (or any color) "with chrome inserts" for $140.

2. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),Highlander HYB Plat,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I think i may do this. BTW it looks like all the same store/just different links!

3. jrod81

jrod81 Member

i paid about 2 weeks ago and my card has been charged... still no side moldings... should i be concerned or make a call?

4. jaw444

jaw444 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I ordered mine two weeks ago too--but they have been sending me email updates at each stage. First i got an email saying they got my payment, then i got an email saying that the moldings had been ordered from the manufacturer, they had to be produced and would be shipped when ready. then, yesterday, i got an email saying they had shipped. I was surprised at first that the moldings are not simply in stock where you order them off the shelf but have to be made to order. At first i thought i'd be getting them right away. But once i got the email about how they had been ordered from the producer, i understood that it would be a while before i'd see them. They shipped using UPS and included a tracking number; mine will be delivered tomorrow.