1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius Bumper Stickers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lbligh, Jul 28, 2005.

1. ozerdem

ozerdem Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The frame around my back plate reads " My next car is a 2009 Prius" I just changed it, it did say " I buy less foreign fuel" B)

2. JamieS

JamieS New Member

...and don't have to compensate with a big car!

That might be a little excessive for a bumper sticker though.

3. Reddog15

Reddog15 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I've been thinking of "I drive this so you can afford to drive that"

4. geeky teacher

geeky teacher New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I don't want to put a bumper sticker on my new Prius, but I have been thinking about another way to express myself. Why not use the window paint that high school kids use to decorate windows during homecoming week? It's available at Walmart and other places.

I want to post my weekly mpg on the lower hatch window. I was writing it in the dirt on the window earlier this month when I got 56mpg. A colleague keeps telling me she gets 43mpg with her Scion xB. The competitive part of me wants to keep shouting my fuel efficiency to her and the world. The environmentalist side of me wants to post my emissions...

I had almost convinced another colleague to get a Prius but she thinks she won't have enogh room for hubbie, two teenage girls, and a dog as passengers. Does anyone know some stats for the space in the hatch that I could write on my window?

The Prius is my "Happy Pill"

5. JamieS

JamieS New Member

I've used my share of window paint, and I've never known any with a thin enough applicator to write a lot of info with. I'd just be writing your MPG.

You can use like, acyrillic paint or something, but that's harder to get off and I don't recommend it because it just seems potentially damaging [and it's hard to see through].

6. Washington1788

Washington1788 One of the "Deniers"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    "Stop Global Warming, Turn Off the Sun"

7. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Washington1788 @ Mar 18 2007, 08:11 PM) [snapback]408121[/snapback]</div>
    that one is good, but my favorite is ....DONT FOLLOW ME YOU WON'T MAKE IT. :p

8. mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have a big 'blur' sticker (it's a band) on the bumper, and an Apple Computers logo under the rear window.

I'm afraid someone's going to vandalize my car for not only having a Prius, but being even more smug by representing Apple. I'd like an 'Impeach Bush' sticker, but that's pushing it too far. I live in Elk Grove, too many conservatives in my area. You wouldn't believe the amount of SUVs here.

9. Fred_H

Fred_H Misoversimplifier

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    "The ReGeneration"

10. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    "My Prius... Kicks the Pump in the Gas"

11. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I have a idea. We could print up 1000 of the following bumperstickers.

"Al Gore Carbon Offset program vehicle"

Then we could contract with him as part of his "carbon offsets" that he claims. Lets say each car at 20000 miles a year with a carbon reduction equal to 50% of normal than ballpark figure should be worth about $500 apiece.

That way he could continue to keep his same lifestyle. The rest of us who truely care about the planet could make some additional money by actually doing something about it.

Who's in.

I'll start compiling a list If we get enough people I'll sent it off and see what happens.

You never know unless you ask.

12. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rainydysandmondys @ Mar 18 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]408106[/snapback]</div>
    USE a Stencil and dab the applicator on it.

13. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(geeky teacher @ Mar 18 2007, 07:25 PM) [snapback]408103[/snapback]</div>

You might find something more accurate but Cars.com shows the interior cargo volume as 16.1 cu.ft.. The define it as "The available space in the dedicated cargo area, with all seats in place and in their upright positions.". It's pretty good cargo capacity for a mid sized sedan I guess but even a small wagon like my old Matrix has more.

14. mashuzu34

mashuzu34 New Member

I've just created some bumper stickers to promote Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles, (PHEVs), with the profits going to CalCars, (calcars.org), the non-profit established to promote these types of vehicles.

http://www.cafepress.com/pluginwannabe

As bumper stickers go, I think you will find these to be both humorous and tasteful. Essentially they personify the vehicle, portraying it as wanting to become a plug-in hybrid when it grows up in a variety of languages. The stickers also reference a wiki, (http://phev.wikispaces.com/), where Plug-In Wannabes are invited to register and post a picture of themselves, (optionally, with their owner).

The promotional aspect, (beyond the money contributed to CalCars), comes with the links to various websites about plug-in hybrids, so those who may have become interested in the subject based on the bumper sticker may learn more about them.

So please check it out and join with me in helping to promote the benefits of PHEVs.

Thanks, Matt

15. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you think your car may be vandalised because it is a Prius, use the following bumper sticker:

Smile, your on Candid Camera

16. jimnjo

jimnjo Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Passing Gas (with graphic)

17. wbuttler

wbuttler New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finman @ Jul 29 2005, 06:36 AM) [snapback]111365[/snapback]</div>
    I really enjoyed the
    "weapon of less consumption"....
    great concept, very good.

Froley

18. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Froley @ Sep 3 2007, 12:41 PM) [snapback]506347[/snapback]</div>
    Good one, Froley. I might try that one myself.
    Orf

19. abq sfr

abq sfr New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    "PLEASE DON'T HIT ME"

"If you can read this,
    you're not Republican"

20. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius