1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C 1 Modifications & Accessory Additions

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by kndy, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ashiv

Ashiv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    One
    Hello Mate! Can you please send me a link of the armrest you installed in your car from amazon! thank you!

2. Ashiv

Ashiv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    One
    Hello Mate! Can you please send me a link of the armrest you installed in your car from amazon! thank you!

3. Ashiv

Ashiv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    One

4. cyeremian

cyeremian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I love the look of the stock rims without hub caps and with chrome trim ring/lugs. Very nice.

5. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Sorry, saw this today. You can find it here

Ashiv likes this.
  6. TheBippi

TheBippi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Anyone ever get the OEM Door Edge Guards? Had gotten them for free due to some sh!tty customer service but they installed them unevenly and I want to remove and install new ones. Any suggestions?

Also anyone do any additional lighting mods in the interior of their Prius C? It's super dark with just the dome/map light even though I changed the bulbs to LEDs.

Thanks in advance!

7. X HCH2

X HCH2 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Here's the Amazon arm rest in English:

Oops, link doesn't work. See below.\X

#67 X HCH2, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  8. X HCH2

X HCH2 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    To find the Amazon armrests in English type "carmate NZ532" into Amazon search.
    X

9. Sifugus

Sifugus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Like what u done have ???? How did u get the Screenshot_20170804-030851.png Screenshot_20170804-030818.png Screenshot_20170804-030851.png armrest idk how u did can u help here is mine i will be putting up better pics

LnG likes this.
  10. Sifugus

Sifugus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Like what u done have ???? How did u get thr armrest idk how u did can u help here is mine i will be putting up better pics

11. LnG

LnG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Those rims are crazy.

12. LnG

LnG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    One
  13. Danny13pruisc3

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I scored a c3 radio from ebay for $50 shipped.. that reminds me i need to put switched power 12v to pin 1 on the 28 pin connectors so it will display the car info data.. it didn't come with the nav wire harness though so i have to hunt one down :( the 13/14 corolla/hylander radios seem like a good alternative if you don't use the car info screen

14. Danny13pruisc3

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    also found a 12v cigarette lighter with 2 usb ports on it at the thrift store for like 2 or 3 bucks.. i'm thinking i'll install it on the side of the cup holder or something.. maybe under the dash like the gen 2

15. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hi everyone! Yay! I got my account back! Sorry, haven't been around....I've been on the Japanese Aqua forum as the Aqua NHP10 cartune scene is pretty big over there.

First I just want to say that it has been seven years since I have had my Prius-C and had the first smog check in California! No problems.

So far, the only thing that has went down is just the regular battery (not the expensive one). Thank goodness for AAA!

And due to the high heat of California, the rubber on the top weather guards which I replaced. The Drivers License LED light as expected with our 110+ summers have made the LED light in the license plate brittle. When I went to take them out, they crumbled like dust...that's how brittle our heat made it.

I have since replaced some of the valve covers recently.

And one tire was temporarily replaced after I had a flat. But I wanted to have all four replaced and for me, it was going to be Toyo Tires Extensa A/S II's, Bridgestone or Yokohama...

Today, I got my Toyo Tires Extensa A/S II's... I was supposed to get it for Father's Day but they forgot to call, so I got mine with a wheel alignment with a very solid discount.

[​IMG]

Yes, I'm still using the stock wheel caps (ala plastidipped blue). The only wheels that interest me are Enkei matte blue's or bronze. But many times over the years I have tried to get new wheels but no luck. There are wheels...but not cool looking.

I'm still using the same stereo. Works for my needs, even though I have to change the Japanese and Korean text to English.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I changed the cabin blue-LED back to White... heard in California, you can't have blue LED's... (and I have had mine blue for the past seven years...lol). I also have under dash and rear seats with LED glow...but I can change it from blue to green or purple I guess.

A few years ago I added a Karsuite M9 4K dash cam. But again...California heat is too hot that the plastic rear and the front video detached, so now I have superglue holding it together and a velcro strap in the center.

[​IMG]

I have added Razo pedals from Amazon JP.

I wanted to get Karo floormats (probably the most wanted but very expensive floor mat brand in Japan), but then I realized, I live in Cali., not Tokyo. Probably would get jacked. They do have black/blue Sparco mats on Amazon JP... [good time to take advantage of the savings with the yen doing so badly].

[​IMG]

I was supposed to get my wheels changed awhile back but each place I went to had a problem finding anything cool that I wanted in the four lug size I wanted. Not sure if I will import the Rays or Enkei that I want....will wait.

[​IMG]

Current Car Window Stickers (ugh...bubble on the Tokyo HasePro Kanji sticker and it was the last one on Amazon JP too):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There was more done but I'll be posting more of each modification...

Now here are people in Japan that are inspiring me at this time:

MILK

Donguri!

Shuhei

Muu

Rin

Otuuji

And there are many Aqua meetups throughout Japan each month

#75 kndy, Jun 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
  16. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Interesting to see the growing trend of adding Nihon Seiki Defi meters and to Yaris owners are now also happening to Aqua owners:

Potechi

Donguri

Roku

Da Chan

I was looking at Amazon JP for the Defi Advance A1's and sure enough, they have them. Including other Defi meters.

The AEM 2's offered by USA Amazon look cool.

While those meters are cool, I think for me.... I have been looking at the Lufi X1, Lufi Xs or Acecar F15 which uses OBD2. What do you think?

Roqu3 likes this.
  17. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I liked the old PLX gauge with the customizable display. You could upload literally any artwork you wanted, design your own display to the pixel. Sadly discontinued.

The Lufi and the Acecar both seem neat. I'm a big fan of metering via data bus rather than running new wires into the cabin.

I notice the Amazon listings are all illustrations and not photographs. Hmm.

The c lends itself well to rear window stickers due to that huge dead band around the actual window. You can load it up and not block your view at all. (y)

upload_2023-6-26_20-43-23.png

#77 Leadfoot J. McCoalroller, Jun 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
  18. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I agree!!! Btw, for those who are looking for Japanese stickers that are not "racing related" but Japanese in nature (not faux-like with wording that makes no sense). Here are a few I recommend. Also, you may want to take advantage of it now since the yen is tanking this week.

Prefectural stickers....wanna represent a certain area of Japan, HasePro offers prefecture circuit stickers (I got both Japanese and in English).

A lot of people have Driver Recorder warning stickers as of late. I do as well, but I prefer to have the wording in Japanese than in English..lol. This is the one I have on my car.

As for Data Bus, please let me know if you have any recommendations.

19. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Lately, I have been looking into rear spoilers.

There is so much variety in Japan and so hard to get in the US for an affordable price.

But I have been looking at what Aqua users are using...

Looks like Potechi used a van spoiler on his Aqua.

Muu used a spoiler from a Legacy B4.

Not sure if the one Donguri has are those under $100 rear spoilers you can get on eBay... But considering he spends a lot on his car, I'm guessing not. The same with MILK, probably very expensive.

RIN,
    she also uses something similar to Donguri. Her boyfriend Matterhorn also uses a cool one.

There are some cool ones on eBay but they want over a thousand dollars for not a big name version....no way.

20. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hi everyone,

Had to get some gas at Costco but it gave me a chance to experiment with the....

[​IMG]

Lufi XS! Went ahead and went for the XS over the XF. While the XF looks cooler and has that light add on, the XS is newer, a bit more compact and has GPS functions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, I have been going back and forth if I wanted to get a Blitz, HKS or ZERO1000 intake pipe or filter but I decided, you know... It's not a priority. When I was younger and did it with my Nissan, yeah...I did it and modified a lot. But for this one...I'm cool with using K&N air filters for now.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, I am giving a crystal shift knob a try instead of the aluminums that I own.

[​IMG]

Gas Time! Added a Fusa Blue Kiku Knot and tsuna knot.

[​IMG]

And over the years, I have read people debase on this chat of those who wanted to boost their Toyota Prius-C (Aqua) and I have to say how cool is it that Gran Turismo made the Toyota Aqua S '11 as one of the best starter cars in "Gran Turismo 7" (it's also on 6). So, yes... people can say the Aqua (Prius-C) is a Gran Turismo car. It's fact!

[​IMG]

#80 kndy, Jul 4, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
    Roqu3 likes this.