1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C 1 Modifications & Accessory Additions

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by kndy, Aug 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hey that's neat! I've only played GT/GT2, didn't exactly keep up. I wonder if the memory card with my Supra still works? Soon it will be time to drag my old video games out for my daughter...

2. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    In Japan, probably the most popular "Aero" parts are Rowen (Tommy Kaira) parts. Part of the ECO-SPO line, it's common to see Aqua owners with Rowen front and rear spoilers, side steps and even eye liners. And a popular Aqua group that tends to showcase Rowen's is Kyushu Aqua.

One of the most popular Aqua groups is Kyushu Aqua and they have various locations such as Kyushu Aqua Oita and Kyushu Aqua Miyazaki. But here are some people to check out and get inspired from:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chikyuu

Daisuke

Jin

Koba-chan

Kyohei

Maa-san

Masa

Naota

Takun

Yamada

Yuta

And of course, the well known:

Milk

Donguri

Chikyuu posted a video from two years ago of their Kyushu Aqua Oita meetup:

#82 kndy, Jul 4, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2023
  3. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone, I have since purchased and tested three Japanese "safety radar" in the US.

Yupiteru SUPER CAT A370

BLITZ TL242R

Cellstar AR37LC

and Laser Detector:

Yupiteru LS21

First thing to know:

a) Great if you want to hear Japanese voices
    b) If you can't read Japanese, use Google Translate (many golfers have been importing Yupiteru devices for years now and doing the same)
    c) Be prepared to learn the Japanese metric system (you will learn)
    d) It will hook up to many Japanese satellites, so Japan time and date is shown.
    e) The top 3 companies in Japan for radar/laser detection are Yupiteru, Cellstar and Blitz. Comtec was on top with Yupiteru but they got out of the radar business in 2021 after the govt. deemed their latest 300,000 radar detectors sold in 2021 to be illegal for interfering with the 12.6G?Hz band used for CS broadcasting. But their technology for less false radars has been used with Blitz devices now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also am testing out two Japanese Drive Recorders that would work as a third camera:

Kenwood DRV-350

Comtec ZDR041

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    [​IMG]

OK, from the three I mentioned...positives and negatives:

Yupiteru SUPER CAT A370

[​IMG]

Offers more customization, gauges and ability to change the voices of the Japanese female speaker (Japanese in different pitches and woman with British accent I believe).

OBDII is great for those who are not planning to buy a LUFI device. But again, everything is metric system. You can also easily change the photos to and starting logo as well.

May pick up some false radar, bank triggers it (triggers friends who have American detectors as well). Also, the only company that charges for updates and maps. Firmware update is free. Maps, not to worry if you don't live in Japan.

But overall, solid device and Yupiteru is the top dog....top quality. Customization is a plus!

BLITZ TL242R

[​IMG]

This is not the touch screen version, so you have to hold on select and then select again to get into the menus. You can get two small screens and it's easy to update settings (Again, use google translate if you don't read Japanese).

This one is definitely for safety as it detects when you brake, when you curve, when you accelerate, the female voice in Japanese will let you know.

But this one has less false warnings but it didn't pick up the Patrol while I was driving. Hmm...

Cellstar AR37LC

[​IMG]

Cellstar prides itself of being promoting its products made in Japan, free updates and offering safety features and also disaster reports. It's also the most sensitive of the three and while they have cut down on false alarms, they will have the most false alarms or alarms in general of the three.

It picks up radio frequencies and will detect it and show you the picture of it.

It will detect far away things that triggers it and while it shows the ambulance, it appears that in the US, many store alarms must use that frequency.

Also, it warned me of a speed radar and at first I thought it may be a joke, but sure enough the cop car was there and going after another vehicle right after.

But a female voice will let you know whenever things are detected and you will get a picture.

The menus are not as nice as Yupiteru but if you purchase the touch panel version, then it's much nicer. But considering the price, this device really picks things up. But definitely in Japan, I can understand why people want to avoid it, otherwise it will be constantly active. But in non-Metropolitan areas, this will keep you on your toes.

Roqu3 likes this.
  5. kndy

kndy Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I noticed there is a growing popular in Japan for some Aqua owners to buy a front hood bra for their vehicles.

Bonchan

[​IMG]

Daimaxu

[​IMG]

m@tsu

[​IMG]

Chushuu

[​IMG]

Roqu3 likes this.
  6. Roqu3

Roqu3 Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I like how the debadged front looks on some of them, I guess they filled the emblem space with something or is the front hood bra?