1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C 2014 Radio Amp Died? Compatible Radios?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Neeroke, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Neeroke

Neeroke New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Recently My 2014 Prius C Radio Died, I got it checked by the Dealership, They said it was an Amplifier In the Head unit. (At Max Volume, You can hear the Radio from the speakers)

They wanted to Charge $1800 for a replacement Radio and Labor. Obviously not going to do that.

I was wondering has anyone Replaced their radio and which radio did they get?
    I was hearing a lot of Issues with Prius Radio Replacements Such as:
    1. Steering Wheel, Phone Pick up & Hang Up buttons will not work anymore
    2. AC Buttons on the console will not work

I want to know if this is true to anybody who replaced their Radio or
    If they did replace the radio and nothing went wrong What radio did you buy?

I was going to buy the radio below (Cause I saw a youtube install the same Radio on a Prius C)

But the video did not mention any issues or what buttons worked and what did not.

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The cheapest fix for you would be a used radio out of a matching crashed car. car-part.com should be able to help you with that. It would take 10 minutes and one screwdriver. Very simple swap.

As far as changing to a different radio? That's where you run into feature mismatch and the possibility of buttons not working.

With our car, it was possible to get a generic stereo and a few adapters and replicate every factory feature we wanted, so all our steering wheel controls work, and our reverse vision camera works as intended.

Your video didn't come through, so I can't see what radio you've found. Perhaps there's another way to link it?

3. Neeroke

Neeroke New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I uploaded the images below

Attached Files:

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Okay, looks like a generic double-DIN stereo. In the second picture, somebody listed out all the extra parts they needed to get it to work in a c with steering wheel buttons etc. That's important! You'd need the same stuff.