1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C 2015 - back panel help request

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by HybridHipster, Jul 21, 2015.

1. HybridHipster

HybridHipster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello there --

I recently ordered a backup camera kit for Prius c 2015 -- but the video shows a different back door panel configuration. The c 2015 panel definitely is different -- only one panel piece to deal with, but I don't want to try to pop it without some idea of what I'll be up against. Any hints welcome! DSC_0005.JPG

Another poster in another thread posted a much better photo of the panel on the back door:

http://priuschat.com/attachments/naias_toyota_prius_c_017-jpg.34116/

#1 HybridHipster, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
  2. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Are you talking about whats on the hatch door? If so, my 2013 has the same thing. It is just one piece that is held on by some clips. To remove those clips, you should really invest in some trim panel removal tools. They will make the job much easier.

HybridHipster likes this.
  3. HybridHipster

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes. I have the tools ... just being careful to avoid diving into that part -- the rest of the trim from the hatchback to the radio seems fairly simple to deal with -- but that one panel has a lot of clips.

4. HybridHipster

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Did the install of the backup camera today. A friend helped, which certainly made fishing the wire through paneling and around door seals nicer. Works great, and hardly notice it near the plate.

The back panel turned out to have no "gotchas" at all -- which was a huge relief.

IMG_20150722_201334.jpg

5. ed4ever

ed4ever Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2015 PC2 and I am interested in doing this. Can you post the guides you used and the equipment and camera you used. How did you connect the camera to the touchscreen console in the 2015?