1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C: A mistake?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Ann Yvette, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Ann Yvette

Ann Yvette New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius c
    Model:
    LE
    Ive been a Toyota owner since 1981; Prius owner since 2005. Just bought a Prius C when my second "regular" Prius hybrid battery "died" after 240,000miles in10 years. One of the main "perks" for me is how I've been able to remain worry free on the roads. Now Im reading comments here and I wonder if I made a mistake just to save money. Im a bit bigger for the seat and did not realize the seat belt connector would be digging into my side when I did the test drive. Should I expect the "C"hybrid battery not to give me the longevity compared to a "regular" Prius? I drive a lot (obviously) most of my cars I sell after 120K miles. I travel a great deal (hundred miles on some days) so Im curious what I've lost other than size by choosing the compact version.

2. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    you might go to your Toyota dealership and see if they have seatbelt extenders for C.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    your c should hold up as well as any prius. no worries!

all the best!(y)

4. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Americans aren't much into these cars, but take heart- it's one of the best selling cars in Japan. They're closing in on two million built and sold fast. That means Toyota has put a lot of attention and engineering resources into this car, including the export models we get here in the USA.

The c battery may go a bit earlier only because it is smaller. On the other hand it should cost less for the same reason, once the day comes.

roadrunner likes this.
  5. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    120k miles should be plenty fine. I'm at 115k miles and have had zero issues other than door lock actuators (passenger then driver seperately) and wiper squirt motors (froze in the ice due to no antifreeze in reservoir).
    With gas prices rising in the US, this car will only get more attractive.

Augie Doggie likes this.