1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Aftermarket Stereo

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Wharfe, Apr 20, 2012.

1. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yes. I went the Corolla headunit route you mentioned and was able to install a rear parking camera afterwards. The only oddity is that the headunit outputs a 5v activation signal to the camera and most of the aftermarket cameras I looked at use 12v.

2. nomoney4me

nomoney4me New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Yea I've considered that as well. However, I was also looking at the aftermarker ones and there are a lot of those Chinese ones out there. Not sure of any one has managed to do anything with them since the conversations was more than a year ago. The primary functions that I am looking at are: Bluetooth, Backup Camera, HD Radio, and GPS (ordered from most-to-least important). I am willing to sacrifice GPS for pricing.

I also tried the DP DBG803 from Frys. It seems that the harness came with an ISO plug so I will have to make sure that I have some way to connect the wiring or cut off the head and connect it with the Toyota harness.

Am I wrong?

3. Tim Lillis

Tim Lillis Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Did you find one you were happy with? I'm thinking about returning the factory upgrade I purchased as I can't get backup cam to work. But wanted the same features you list

4. nomoney4me

nomoney4me New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Sorry for the delayed response, for some reason I didn't see this question.
    I was unable to find one for a comfortable price. I did considered some head units from Aliexpress since they do advertise some built in functionalities, but still have not made a decision because I can't seem to find out whether the OEM mic will work or not.

I did test out the DP DBC803 by temporarily connecting some wires together with electrical tape rather than clipping off the ISO plug. It worked great, except that I still can't get the OEM mic to work with that head unit. Maybe I'm missing something?

Still on the lookout for something that would work with the OEM mic since I use the Bluetooth calling quite regularly.
    Here's hoping someone can chime in on their experience.

5. w2kpugsly

w2kpugsly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Don't clip anything off! Get adapters. To get ideas for what you need, check out Crutchfield and search for everything you need. Their prices aren't bad and since they will walk/support you through installation issues I find it worth the price the ask

6. kayadash

kayadash Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I'm a bit confused here as someone mentioned the Metra 70-1761. I have all of the 5 listed above, do I still need the Metra 70-1761?

7. FireFire

FireFire Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Regarding the aftermarket unit, did you lose the ability to see those information on your vehicle? For example, the estimate mileage etc?

8. w2kpugsly

w2kpugsly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Yes you loose the info.

iPhone ?

9. w2kpugsly

w2kpugsly Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Your new head unit should come with a new mic. I've searched high and low. And usually the aftermarket mic is much better

iPhone ?