1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C and alignment

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cyclopathic, Mar 31, 2015.

1. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Had mine for 5K service and had them check alignment. Steering felt sluggish and wheel was a few degrees off center from the day it rolled off the lot.

Both front wheels had toe-in over 1/2". Makes you wonder if this is due to spring settling.

Tracks alot better and MPG is up by 4mpg BTW.

2. Freeekonaleesh2

Freeekonaleesh2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Wow, thats alot toe.
    I got my 2015 C and ive notice the steering wheel going off center more and more over the past couple of weeks. I have 1,800 miles on it.
    I will have to ask them to check mine at 5K service.

Really? 4mpg better? Is that from calculations at the pump, and how many times have you filled up since the alignment?

3. cyclopathic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The toe-in was .52" and .53" before alignment and .02" / .03" after.

I haven't had a chance to go through full tank yet; +4MPG is from trip computer. It would be hard to tell exact gain b/c of the temperatures. Same trip at 36F will have 3-4MPG worse then at 56F. Most important car just wants to roll and doesn't need to be floored to accelerate.

PLSPUSH likes this.
  4. Kdavis1109

Kdavis1109 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    My prius c had a front toe in corrected this past weekend and my mpg dropped 8.9% based on the onboard computer. I'm going to check the next few fill ups manually to watch the trend. The car tracks better and the steering wheel doesn't tilt to the right like it has from day one. Idk...

5. cyclopathic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    do you have an alignment printout? what did they set toe-in to?

I had played with toe-in and on stock FuelMax the difference btw 3/32" to 1/32" is about 3-5 MPG. Both within spec but MPG suffers. If you want best MPG toe-in on front should be set to zero.

6. Kdavis1109

Kdavis1109 New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thank you for your reply Cyclopathic. After about 800 miles the mpg raised back up to what I consider to be normal for my car and driving style. I guess the tire rotation and alignment caused the tires to need another break in period. I just pulled 61.5 mpg down and 59.8 back on a 298 mile round trip. Maybe I just freaked out when I saw the mpg drop by almost 9% after the shop visit. I truly love this little car in compairsion to my previous vehicles.

7. cyclopathic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    check tire pressure. I remember freaking out on Gen3 after software update, only to find out that they dropped tire pressure from 42 to 35psi.