1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius c audio system wattage?

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by james cook, Mar 23, 2015.

1. james cook

james cook Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2012 C2, what is the wattage? my last car had a custom audio and it was booming but the C does not disappoint.

I was thinking about buying a honda civic which claims it has a 160 watt system and it sounded like garbage.

2. Easy Rider 2

Easy Rider 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The wattage is not important.
    The resulting sound IS.
    Forget the numbers. Test listen.

3. spyderx

spyderx Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have 2014 C2 and I'm actually impressed w/ the stock sound quality and the bluetooth!
    I was going to upgrade w/ aftermarket unit, comps, amps and a sub but I'm thinking I'll take my time...

4. The Mouth

The Mouth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Ditto on what Easy Rider 2 said!!! Refresh my memory spyderx, does your 2014 C2 have speakers in the rear doors or not? Mines a 2013 C4 with the rear door speakers. I agree the stock system is not that bad actually. Sound quality is #1...... I just got my stock system replaced with one by OEM Audio Plus in Anaheim, Ca. Hearing is believing my friend. If you want check out my review I just did on it. If your local I would be more then willing to let you hear it for yourself. It blows my S-10 system with 1000 watts!!!!Quality sound over watts!!!!

5. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Most cheap audios using the same/similar MOSFET built-in amp and are rated at 14-22wt RMS and ~50wt peak.

Problem with "C" stock isn't the radio but the speakers. If you wanna get the best out of them after burn-in (25-60hr) set to Bass +1/Treble +1. This gives the flattest possible output on spectral tests we ran. Of cause this may not be what your preferences are.

The easiest fix would be to upgrade speakers, but you'll need component speakers for front doors good luck.