1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Camper

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Hustlerzlife, May 8, 2013.

1. Hustlerzlife

Hustlerzlife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I recently finished fabricating a frame and mattress for my Prius C. It took only two 2x4's, 1 sheet of 3/4" plywood, 8 captured wood nuts with large machine screws, and a 69"x48"x2" piece of foam. If you cut the plywood into 2' lengths then you can drive with the rear seats up.

Also, I used a piece of 4'x8' plastic from home depot for $20 to make the pattern for the plywood and matress (I would post the link but it won't let me on my first post, just search for "4 foot by 8 foot plastic sheet waterproof" on google). It is nice because it is flexible but still strong enough to float over the gap between the front seats and rear seats and it can be easily cut with kitchen sheers.
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

2. DU3L NRG

DU3L NRG Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That...is awesome!!

3. C-in-Vegas

C-in-Vegas New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    That is cool. I bought my C in August 2012 and already have 23000 miles on it. I drive a lot and something like that would have come in very handy with my banck and forth trips from Nevada to New Mexico. I may have to do the same. Thanks for posting, and again great idea...very cool!

4. Ashley7

Ashley7 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
  5. citroenjohn

citroenjohn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'll bet you get better MPG than I did in my hippie VW van also. Neat idea.

6. Gcoop

Gcoop Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    cool
    ive thought about something like this, be nice when i get a month off work to just get in my car and drive north up to the northwest territories or yukon , drive around in the wilderness for a few weeks with my camera lol

only thing is, how long is the bed?
    as Im 6'2 lol

filipinoof07 likes this.
  7. filipinoof07

filipinoof07 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'd be interested in how long it is also. Did you have to scoot the front seats forward?

8. blumenla

blumenla Spontaneous Adventurer

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This is a pretty nice set up. I've contemplated trying to set something up to sleep back there on the random road trip.

9. jban

jban New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Couldn't tell from photo do the 2 by 4s go the short way across or the long way lengthwise of the car? thanks

10. Danny13pruisc3

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    make an instructional video?

11. Danny13pruisc3

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    i want to do something like this but remove the rear seats.. to be a pickup/camper and just have plywood base for more room... carpet... and use a tri-folding foam twin mattress i already have.. but i can't do it until i either get another C or get rid of the kids or something.. apparently the local mafia thinks kids should strapped down to seats in cars.. how cruel. My kids should be free range.. I want to sleep in a prius C DOWN BY THE RIVER!