1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Canadian Waiting Period

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by darandon, Jul 24, 2012.

1. darandon

darandon New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Guys,

I just got back from my Toyota dealer doing an emission test on my 2003 Echo with over 208000 km on it and was looking for a Prius C to see if I could fit in one (6ft 7in tall). Based on the dimensions and the fact that I can fit in a prius with no problems I wanted to make sure but the sales person told me that there is a 6 month waiting list for one. Is this true for all over canada and the states or is it just this dealer? She said that down in California there has been a huge demand and that the big chunk of the shipments go there first.

Any one know if it will be possible to get a C up here in Ontario and also if I have to wait 6 months whats new for the 2013 model and if the price will remain the same?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

2. frank1688

frank1688 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered one at the end of April in Ottawa. I was told to wait for 3 months. Early this month, the salesman call me to wait for another 2 months or more because his dealership only gets one C each month now. I am the third in line. Could be longer but he doesn't know.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you guys are getting the shaft up there.:(

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow!! I knew demand was strong but didn't realise the waiting list was several months! I guess it depends on the model you want. I suspect the Technology and Technology w/ Premium Pkg are the bigger sellers.

5. darandon

darandon New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    No my friend. There are physically no prius C's of any model or colour. All the dealers i called recently have said they have even sold their demo cars.

Any one know when the 2013 model will be shown/releaser and if there will be any differences?

6. littlebigland

littlebigland Sonic Blue Prius c

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My fiancé is 6'3" and was able to hop into the passenger side without having to push the seat back after my 4'11" mother had sat there. He was comfortable and we were certain he would have to push the seat back all the way.

7. mkwan723

mkwan723 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered my Prius C Technology w/ Premium Pkg at the end of March this year. The salesman told me that it would be delivered next week, then another 4 weeks, then another 4 months. I am still waiting. I could get a C2 from another dealer within several weeks but I didn't want a C2. If my dealer doesn't deliver it soon, I will buy something or somewhere else.

8. Koolfreak

Koolfreak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    3 months here in Quebec... I personnaly had to wait 3 weeks in march cause I was one of the first to order in Victoriaville...

9. w8tin

w8tin New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered a C Technology Premium (in Moonglow!) near the end of June in Ottawa and my sales rep maintains that it will be delivered in the second half of August. I am keeping my fingers crossed...

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Judging by all the posts that followed, I believe you. Yikes!

Hope the cars arrive soon for everyone! (Having had to wait for our 2005 Prius back then too)

11. cmstlist

cmstlist Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Call around with the BC dealers if you have time for a loooong road trip? :)

I will say though, the dealers who were out of stock made it sound like all the others were too. A few weren't. So I wonder if some Ontario dealers do have it and the out of stock dealers just aren't telling you. Only way to find out is to phone around.

HUAWEI MediaPad ? 2

12. darandon

darandon New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

O yea I have found those dealers and they have 1 in stock but that one is sold for more than the official toyota MSRP and its a demo car. So as much as I love the C i am not willing to buy it for the same price as the regular liftback. I also want the car to have less than 20KM on it because if I am buying new Im expecting new and not what some 1 was testing and flooring around to see if they like the car. $25K CAD (Taxes and all the garbage fees in) is the most I am willing to go for a technology package (Prius C III in the states) My problem is not the fact that they dont have the exact car that I want in stock it more of the fact that you gotta wait 6 months to get it and no 1 guarantees you the 6 months. :(

Driving to BC wont b worth it. It sure will break in the car's engine so that i get the best MPG from it :p

13. curriet

curriet New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    It is a shame that it is so difficult to get a Prius C in Canada. From the monthly sales figures for the car in Canada vs the U.S., it looks as though Toyota has set the per capita monthly quota for Canada to about 1/2 the U.S. value. I hope they are able to increase supply soon, although demand for the car in Japan is so strong that I am not optimistic this will happen. Toyota just announced they are increasing production of Lexus cars at their plant in Cambridge, Ontario. It is too bad they cannot build the Prius C there. Compact and sub-compact sales are very strong in Canada.

14. cmstlist

cmstlist Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Strange how different your experience is in ON. The BC dealers that had them in stock, well they were selling for pretty much dead-on MSRP minus no more than a few hundred in discounts. I ended up settling for paying such a price for a demo base model (C2) that had 390 km on it.

15. Forza4

Forza4 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi guys, I guess I was really lucky, I'm from Qc, Canada and ordered mine on April 25th and took delivery on May 28th but the sales person told me at that time that it's going to be a 4 to 6 months waiting for a while...BTW, I'm new over here and I enjoy every subject I've red from you guys and really appreciate this forum and YESSSSS, I LOVE this car

16. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

17. vernon birdman

vernon birdman Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I ordered mine in mid April and I took delivery in mid May. Cdn equivalent of C4

18. FélixMontréal

FélixMontréal New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I was also lucky it seems, In montréal, Québec. I was told by some dealers 2-3 weeks and others 4-6 months. They had sold their demos, well not all of them, but most. Anyways, one of the dealers, on the day I was going to buy the car, had just gotten news they had 8 cars coming in from Vancouver, that they had «just gotten lucky». So I made the deposit and got my C2 (or the base model in Canada) in moonglow on march 30th, 10 days later. I haven't crossed a lot on the road, I can tell you that!

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's like 2004 an 2008 all over again lol. Hopefully make a few more Canadian-spec models to send our way! Toyota seems to have a pretty good hit on their hands if it's selling well in Canada, US and Japan, two of which are fairly big markets.

20. PriusCguy

PriusCguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    If you don't mind the color and model...there is a magnetic grey Prius C (base model) in Sydney, NS. (Breton Toyota) It has been there for months actually.