1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c cargo space

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by griain, Aug 28, 2012.

1. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have wondered the same thing and will find out. In our Vibe gt we have slept in it several times as we traveled to the northwest, and back. The C is smaller but I still think we can both sleep back there. I do wish the the seat back folded flat. I doubt I post any pictures for you but will let you know how it worked for us.
    Dan

zor likes this.
  2. dellrio

dellrio Im pretty much awesome

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    3 Snowboards (sizes 153cm, 155cm, 164cm), three pairs of boots, and all of the snowboarding outerwear that goes with it. 3 Adult males 5'9" in the back seat, 5'10" in the drivers seat, and 6'2" in the pass seat. All of this sitting on top of a pretty large subwoofer box with 2 12" subs, and half of the back seat folded down.

thiscarisfull.jpg

jasonfct, F8L and ftl like this.
  3. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Check this out ...did not see if it fits c perhaps you could email Habitents

4. David Strong

David Strong New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I like the musician fretting posts. Up to this year, I've been using my Honda Accord to schlep my 'stuff' to and from gigs. Our annual gig (Dickens Faire in SF) requires all our sound, instruments and green room stuff. I was resigned that I would need two trips to bring everything (giving a lift to our key board guy too). The reality was it all fit. 4 speakers, 3 suitcases full of cords mixers, mics, mic and speaker stands, small table, folding lounge chair, two folding chairs, tarp, tub, violin and viola, hats, jackets. Oh yah, then the keyboardist had an accordian, his music, laptop and stuff.. all in one load.. what can I say, I love my 3C.. and the 51mpg average... in the bay area yet!

5. Revan86

Revan86 Animal nerd and alt car guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Im sure some people are getting tired of hearing this . . . BUT I put my son (almost 2) in his car seat, the huge stroller, diaper bag/child paraphernalia and my dog all the the back.

wait for it. . .

Oh and by the way my dog is a Great Dame.

6. weesod

weesod Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    How does the Prius C feel on the interstates for a long cross country trip? Is it a smooth ride and have enough power?

7. weesod

weesod Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What kind of mileage can one expect on a long interstate trip going 70 to 75 MPH?

8. WD0AFQ

WD0AFQ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It took me about a day to get used to the "stiffness". But, it just is not that bad. I came from a Vibe gt with a longer wheelbase and very fat tires. I had 40 pounds in these little skinny tires. When they need replacing I will put fatter tires on and probably see a mileage decrease.
    Driving 70-75 mph on a trip you can expect a wide range of mileage readings. Depends on terrain, wind, and rain. I did a 400 mile interstate trip yesterday and got 42-3 mpg, cant remember. That was running mostly 73 mph on my gps, 74 on speedometer. Did the exact same trip a week ago and got 50 mpg. The car is light weight and the weather will change your mileage.
    Yes, it has plenty of power. I have no problems passing at any speed up to 80 mph. Have not driven much faster than that.
    I am an old hot rodder. I am happy with the power of the C, and the mileage. Go take one for a test drive. If you don't like it, buy something else. There was no way I was going to buy a hybrid, until I drove this thing. Was hooked right then. Have made so much fun of my friends who drive the "ugliest car on the road" that I was very reluctant to put the Prius word in front of hybrid when I parked one in my driveway. This little hatch looks pretty good and I like it better every day, especially when I fill it up.
    Dan

Woops, did not notice the name of this thread or would not have posted this here in response to the above question. I hate getting off topic. This question should not be here nor should my response.

9. DClaze

DClaze New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I can't wait til they make this for the C. All I'd need after that is a custom fit mattress and I'm moving out of my apartment lol.

10. photogrl13

photogrl13 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Way better than either Civic I had before for trips. We took it to Florida and back shortly after we got it. Went through the mountains of West Virginia just fine. My only complaint is the steering wheel diameter is smaller than I'm used to and I need a cover to compensate (my hands got stiff). Fixable problem...and isn't an issue for me except on very long trips (3 hrs+).

As far as packing stuff in...I've stuffed it a few times. Even on our trip to Florida we didn't utilize all of the cargo space. We had 1 large cooler, 2 suitcases, 1 very large reusable bag full of groceries, 1 large tote full of beach stuff, 1 beach umbrella, two pillows, several stuffed animals, and some small items alongside. I could see out the back window.This car does really well with versatility. Just take the time to think out how you are going to fit things in and it can hold more than you expect. I haven't been disappointed yet.

11. zor

zor Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    any one have pictures of the sleeping set up for the prius c?