1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius c + costco auto program

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by happymiwa, Apr 2, 2012.

1. outhouse

outhouse Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    again its fine if uyour in a region that has alot of cars, if thats the case they will discount anyway because they have stock.

we just now are getting a few more in but even costco, were still at msrp in northern ca

2. kbr0125

kbr0125 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My bank has auto buying, i will get 975 off a Prius C 4, then if i finance through toyota i can claim the 500$ welcome home military.

3. cottonballs

cottonballs New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Question for: nvyseal1924, bgil, optimus prii, and anyone else that bought a prius c through the costco auto program...
    I'm wondering if in addition to the invoice price + destination fee + costco price, does the program remove any typical dealer extra charges? such as: TDA (about $400), full tank of gas ($14), Tire fee ($9), smog abatement fee ($20) or any other unexpected prices?

4. bgil

bgil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just had the destination charge, and of course taxes. Nothing else.

In our area (western wa) they will order one for you. Most of these "c" s are pre sold. Very little inventory on the ground.

Loved the Costco deal. No hassle!

Good luck.

5. bgil

bgil Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    1333 E 223rd Street, Carson, CA 90745
    in Sunny Southern CA
    949 689 0717 cel
    310 522 2317 desk line
    707 202 3618 eFax
    [email protected]
    PS: That's baby Sascha in my profile picture!
    You are in la...

You may want to contact Dianne . She is a frequent poster here an seems like she wants to sell these things at a reasonable price.

6. Hawkfan

Hawkfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Currently awaiting arrival of my PC2. The first dealership I went to said the demand was too high to offer the Costco price on a C and no one seemed to have them on the lots. I went to another that offered us the Costco price ($300 over invoice). I was ready to pay this, but decided I should see if I could get it lower. Contacted the original dealership and told them the price I was being offered and they said that given that information they could offer it at $200 over invoice. I gladly accepted! In retrospect I'm wondering how low I could have gotten it by going back-and-forth a couple more times, but the price was at exactly what we had gone into the process hoping for. To summarize, you can get the Costco price (and even lower!) but you'll proibably have to shop around...

7. daboy

daboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    how much is the otd price? I was quoted by my dealer here in chicago for $22,488 OTD price. Good deal or not? ty

$20660 MSRP
    $20160 Selling price
    +161.39 Illinois doc fee
    +25 electronic filing fee
    +1932.91 Sales Tax (9.50%)
    +194 new plates
    +15 cook county fee
    $22,488.30 OTD

8. Hawkfan

Hawkfan New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    That is basically the exact price we ended up with (minor changes for taxes and fees--don't have the paperwork in front of me). I want to say OTD was 22,580. I'm hoping that it is a good deal although it was right in line with our expectations so I'm not going to complain either way.

9. happymiwa

happymiwa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    dumb question: do you have to prove to be a costco member to see the costco price?

although in my area dealers are telling me straight up the costco numbers don't apply to the prius c.

10. mattebury

mattebury Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'm in SoCal and the local dealer associated with Costco quoted us just a little over $1,000 off of MSRP for a c three. It left Japan yesterday (May 8, local time May 9 for Japan :D) heading for Benicia, CA. I don't know how long it will take to get from the Bay Area to SoCal, but I should have it no later than first week of June.

11. happymiwa

happymiwa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    has anyone had luck with the costco program in illinois?

12. daboy

daboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    no, try carquotes.

13. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes, you have to enter your membership number into the website before you can search for your car.

14. napmaster

napmaster Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Can I borrow someone's costco card? :D

15. PlanoGuy

PlanoGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I live in Plano, Texas and just took delivery on my Prius several days ago. I used the Costco program and got $1280 off MSRP and the warranty and maintenance plans were discounted by 40%. No haggling and the discounted warranty was really a nice surprise.

16. PriusCNewbie

PriusCNewbie New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Mattebury, would you mind sharing which dealer you were able to get this deal from?

17. mattebury

mattebury Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Frank Toyota

18. justalilbatty

justalilbatty Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I went though the Costco program and I couldn't be happier. I know someone commented about the demand, but I have to tell you, New Jersey didn't seem to have a plethora of C's around when I ordered mine back in June. I test drove the C3 in silver at a Toyota dealership a town over. He then showed me the Costco price list. I only had to pay $250.00 over invoice. I asked him what the price difference would be if I ordered the color I really want, and he said nothing more, same price. Well then, that changed everything. LOL, When I said I wanted Summer Rain Metallic he asked me if it was even a real color. I showed him my phone to prove it. He explained that the Summer Rain was one of the colors not usually shipped to this region. Since I was buying new and figured I'll be driving it for many years to come I went for extra options all at invoice price. I just received my car this past Monday night, exactly 6 week wait. Summer Rain Metallic, with Sunroof, Alloy wheels, Carpet mats incl. trunk, Rear bumper protector, Paint protection film, VIP Alarm system came up to 22,821.00.