1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C four new owner

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by David Watson, Apr 30, 2013.

1. David Watson

David Watson New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Circumstances happened recently and we have to buy a new car. We fell in love with this car we bought a 2012 and we got a great deal.

Does anyone have any information about a backup camera that can be added aftermarket and pushed to the LCD screen?

Attached Files:

2. garm

garm mpg + cool = win

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It says you got the Package 4, it doesn't come with a back up cam?

I know people have installed them; I'm adding one to my aftermarket HU tomorrow.

3. Optical Illusions

Optical Illusions Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    There are no back up cam for the package 3 or 4 from the factory in the US as far as i know of. It has to be aftermarket.

@ OP Follow this thread Rearview Camera | PriusChat if you want to install your camera.

I bought my camera from Toyota Entune/Display Audio Backup Camera Kit - Plug and Play! its all plug and play and very easy to install. I highly recommend using their product and the customer support is excellent.

4. David Watson

David Watson New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    @ Optical - thanks. Is there a YouTube video or step-by-step instruction video/guide available?

I'm not comfortable tearing into a car Zi just spent 23k on w/o good instruction :)

5. Optical Illusions

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Unfortunately there arent any YouTube Video or video guide available for this.

If you go to page 6 and post #110 by Mik1. He had a PDF instruction (very clearly on how to take the headunit off and how to route the wire back to the trunk for your camera).

Also on page 7 post #135 by Managerman. He also have a PDF instruction (based off Mik1's instruction and added some of his own).

If you decided to go with the camera that i suggested. Use the instruction on how to take off the headunit from either Mik1 or Managerman then go to page 13 and look at Jwestfah's post on that page where he had pic on how to install it.

You rarely have to tear anything apart from their instruction. It is pretty much pulling clips off here and there and thats about it.

6. David Watson

David Watson New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Ok. I'll definitely look at those posts, thanks.

Does anyone know how doing this would affect my warranty? (Thinking about getting the extended 8-year 100k also)

7. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I got the kit too and going to do the camera myself, it is not hard it just have to run the cable and drill the hole.. that's it.

8. geero

geero New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    quick question to Optical Illusions, with the Toyota Entune Display Camera Plug & Play, does the supplied harness just plug directly to the rear of the HU or do I still have to do the 'pin connector' method? Thanks

9. Optical Illusions

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    No pin connector required. That kit came with everything you need. All you need is just plug their connector into the head unit and you are good to go.

10. David Watson

David Watson New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    About the warranty... anyone know if it voids the warranty?

11. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    It shouldn't.

However, a dealership can decide to not work on your car because of this. Unlikely though... You can just go to another dealership if that happens though.