1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c has worse mpg than Gen III on Fuelly

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by Farfle, Jul 9, 2014.

1. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I generally don't; just assume it is 5% less.

The only time we kept the records was on X-country trip. The reported MPG over 8,600mi was 51.1 and calculated 49.3.

Since there are variations in pump calibration, gasoline temperature and alcohol content I would not sweat it.

As I recall Prius computer does not measure gas consumption directly uses MAF readings to calculate and as energy density/need for oxygen varies, so does the accuracy of the result.

2. vinnie97

vinnie97 Whatever Works

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Impressive averaging. I haven't reset the trip meters in a while and I'm only around 53 mpg indicated (39k+ miles). This would seem to make it pretty square with the EPA ratings. I got tired of entering the info on Fuelly, so what you see there is outdated and likely much closer to 50 mpg.

3. cyclopathic

cyclopathic Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd like to take the hypermiller credit for it but this is likely due to my commute routes. They all have congested sections, low speed country sections; they are long and it is flat here. 55MPH speed limit at highest but the biggest part is 1-1.5mi cool down 25MPH section, this usually brings MPG by 1-1.5MPG.

Plus it has been unseasonably cool and A/C use was sparse.