1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C heated seats

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Angelana, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Angelana

Angelana New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I just got a new 2016 Prius c and had seat heaters installed. I love them but they are very inconsistent with heat. They cycle on for anywhere from 6-15 minutes then off from 8-15 minutes. They go completely cold. Then come back on uncomfortably hot! This is not what I paid for! Service department says that is within specs for cycling, the seats heat to 100 degrees. I can switch them from high-low-off. I have it in the shop now, I need it fixed before winter. Frustrating!

2. Angelana

Angelana New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Update.. After having my car in the shop for 4 days only to be told the erratic cycling is normal... I finally have an answer! Apparently in February 2017 a new safety plan was started with the seat heaters. The seat heats up to 100* then automatically shuts off until the seat reaches 40*! There are sensors in the seat backs and bottoms, which explains why they kick off at separate timing intervals. Stupid, right? HOWEVER... If you put the heater on LOW, it will stay on indefinitely! Too bad the dealer wasn't aware of this 4 days earlier. Ugh.

Sean Nelson likes this.
  3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    At least you have a low setting... mine is on or off and it does the cycle... :(

4. Sean Nelson

Sean Nelson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    I guess the intention is that you use "high" to get the seats warmed up initially and then you switch it to a lower setting once it feels comfortable. Thanks for posting this, I don't have heated seats in my Prius C but I intend to get them in my next car and I can imagine that knowing this could be quite useful.

5. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    My C4 has factory heated seats, and yes, they cycle. Every 15 min or so when I feel my butt getting cold, I hit the on button again!
    On the other hand, my 2016 V Level 4 also has heated seats. IMO, they get a bit too warm. Sometimes I have to turn the seat heaters off.