1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius c Homelink mirror install instructions

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by managerman, Sep 10, 2012.

1. managerman

managerman Prius v Nerd

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hello!

I finally installed a Homelink Auto Dim mirror in my Prius c. I have attached a PDF with pictures and step by step instructions. Installation took about an hour. (It was my second install - since I had previously installed one in my Prius v)

Please feel free to ask any questions. Good luck on your install!!

-M
    Here is the link: ---> Prius c Homelink Install

Hawkeye63 likes this.
  2. Native2PS

Native2PS Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    excellent instructions, thats pretty much how I did mine, except I tapped different wires but with the same result

3. daboy

daboy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I think you should tucked the wires to the other side ( a pillar), if you remove the black rubber you can see the wires are blocking the airbag.

4. icspots

icspots Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    What daboy said. I realize this is an old thread, however I'm waiting for the auto-dimming mirror to come in for my wife's '12 PcIV. Routing the wires like that from the headliner and down behind the rubber gasket puts the wire directly across the deployment path for the airbag. You should never put something across the airbag path. On the one hand it could keep the airbag from deploying properly and injure you by lack of the airbag being where it should. On the other hand it could propel the object (and granted a wire isn't much of an object) into your head.

Removing the pillar trim in a car isn't all that hard and is by far the best way to go about doing this type of install.

5. dengar100

dengar100 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I know this is an old thread but I wanted to chime in. I just followed these instructions (with minor changes) with success. I have a 2013 Prius C 3 and my mirror only dims (2 wires red and black). The only differences were that on my box the fuses were the opposite of what you said (the first one I tried was battery, the second one was ACC). I also took the A pillar cover off and routed the wires up there, behind the airbag. Thanks for the detailed write up!

iPhone ?

6. SamanthaC0716

SamanthaC0716 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone have a part number for the auto-dim mirror?

iPhone ?

7. dengar100

dengar100 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    The one I bought (auto-dimming only, no homelink, no compass) is model number Gentex 50-GENK2AM. I bought it from here: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Univ/Gentex/Rear_View_Mirror/GTX50GENK2AM.html

After purchasing I read up on it more, and it seems pretty much any auto-dimming mirror will work and many people have success buying whatever they can grab off e-bay.

8. SamanthaC0716

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks. Looks like the one from a Prius v is Toyota part number 87810-0W570. Comes up as VERY expensive when you search for that part number, but used mirrors are going for around $50-70 on eBay. I don't see many of them including that little pigtail connector, though.

iPhone ?

9. SamanthaC0716

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Considering adding an autodim mirror again and noticed the PDF from the original post is not available. Does anyone have it or similar instructions?

iPhone ?

jcarmona likes this.