1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius c interior

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by one2noe, Feb 27, 2012.

?
  1. yes...of course

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. no...who said

37 vote(s)
    84.1%
  1. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Plastic is plastic. Light, easily moldable, fairly cheap and durable to a point. I don't like the fact that it scratches so easily.

The design of the c's dash is OK. Look at the difference between a 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen interior. When I got into our '05, it always seemed to me like I was getting into a chair and pulling up to a desk that happened to have a steering wheel attached. It lacked a driver's oriented cockpit feel. Ergonomics? What ergonomics?

But then look at the 3rd Gen Prius. It's still mostly plastic, but Toyota really worked out a great driver's environment. The "Flying Console" keeps everything at an easy reach. Push + for ergonomics. Toyota knew how to do a drivers oriented car. Years ago I tried out a 1994 Supra and the dash in that car was incredible. Nearly a work of art. So Toyota did have some experience with good interior design.

I mentioned that Supra experience on all of the questionnaires that I sent back to Toyota after buying our '05. I think we got three of them.

If you don't like plastic interiors, there's always the custom shop that will be glad to carefully wrap your Prius c interior in leather or some type of durable vinyl product to make it less plasticky.

Toyota will work out an improved c interior in the next generation... just like it did with the 3rd Gen Liftback. That should give us all some reason to buy a new one, when it shows up in 3 to 5 years!

2. Misty fog

Misty fog Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So in fact Prius C is the larger car then?

3. cubchan

cubchan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    When I started shopping for a car I was looking at the 2012 hyundai elantra vs the prius C. I was sold on the elantra but I also wanted to hold off until I could see the prius C in person. Once I saw the prius in person I was impressed. The pictures online do it no justice and it's great quality, remember this is no $30k car. The elantra still has a much more luxed out and "blingy" interior but the interior of the prius is is definitely on par with what you should expect from a car that starts out at less than $20k.

4. R11

R11 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Personally I think the non-two tone dash looks less funky:

[​IMG]

Especially when it's matched with the black softex instead of the grey like this:

[​IMG]

ron

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    At the end of the day, the layout of the dash won't matter all that much (hopefully it's free of rattles!)

The real beauty of Prius and all Toyota hybrids is the Hybrid Synergy Drive. It's an awesome drive train that rewards you with stellar fuel economy and peace and quiet at any stop light you'll be stuck at.

Naysayers call hybrids overblown golf carts. They are the ones that don't get it. Toyota has already moved into the future with these cars. We're ahead of the game and the the car neanderthals can keep dragging their knuckles on the ground.

6. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The solid black is pretty sharp looking but I like the two-tone cause the lighter color shouldn't show dust as easy I hope.

7. powys

powys New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Compared to my 2005 Prius I really like the display, dash and overall open feel. I like the fact that I don't have a jillion touch screens but I miss the dongle shifter on the dash and I miss the fob/key after 7 years with just a fob.

8. birdman101

birdman101 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The dash and door panels are hastily designed and retarded looking. They could have designed an understated dash that was clean and just as cheap to make. The exterior is pretty ugly too. Toyota knows that as long as they provide great mileage and reliability they can get away with half hearted styling efforts. Sooner or later a competitor will bring to market a nicely styled hybrid that I will be willing to buy.

9. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Looks fine to me, but styling is such a matter of personal taste! What would be nice is if Toyota could make that blue trim piece actually color matched to the exterior color, red, habanero, etc.!

10. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It was the back cargo cover that was a deciding factor in getting the Prius over the Prius C. It was a piece of plastic that looked like cardboard held up with two strings. The sales woman and I were both laughing when we saw it. Couldn't help think of the two tin cans with a string attached to make a phone.

I totally get the $20K/60 mpg vehicle and think the Prius C is a great car. Had they had a Prius C/4 exactly as I wanted, I probably would have taken it, strings attached.

I'm always puzzled why they sometimes seem to make small, efficient cars, plain vs. adding some flair to them. Same amount of metal and plastic, just make them look cool. They seem to do it to purposely to push people to the bigger cars.

11. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I actually like it's quirky design and the two-tone dash. Everything feels right at hand for the most part. My gripes are that they were to cheap to continue the two-tone onto the rear doors, the pure gray does look pretty cheap. Also the map lights seem really cheap and have a button instead of just toughing the light itself like my Fit did. I am very impressed with how roomy it feels inside for such a tiny car, very similar to my Fit with the winshield being far away. I carpool to work sometimes and notice the C feels larger inside than my friends Pontiac Grand Prix which is a much larger car, even in back the Grand Prix feels cramped.