1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C model 1 Armrest

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by kenp11, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Scrittibear

Scrittibear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi - I ordered from oemtoyotascionparts. dot com. I've attached a list of the parts required below as well as Toyota's part numbers (the armrest/compartment, as well as the brackets and bolts, etc). I should receive all of the parts soon and I am having it installed by my mechanic as it's a bit tricky to pop out the original cup holder between the seats. I will let you know how it works out - and yes we are talking $250 + here to make it happen. FYI I think these folks are in AZ, they are very helpful, and I spoke to: David Harvey
    480-655-4465 (If you spend $300, I think they will give you a free shipping code - so maybe add a Prius C cargo mat/tray to your order or a rear bumper protector...item number is):

UPDATE: ***************** If you do this, you will need 4 Carrier bolts (not 1) -- see below...and I have absolutely no idea where to install part # 5899752020
    MOUNT BRACKET BRACKET (!!!!) $10.52.....

PT908-52120
    CARGO TRAY,PRS C (Rubber Matt)
    $62.40
    (Not Taxable)
    $62.40

Product ID
    Product Name
    Price
    Quantity
    Total
    58905-52020-C0
    STORAGE COMPART
    $192.61
    (Not Taxable)
    $192.61
    93530-54014
    REINFORCEMENT SCREW
    $0.86
    (Not Taxable)
    $3.44
    MOUNT BRACKET BRACKET
    $10.52
    (Not Taxable)
    $10.52
    MOUNT BRACKET
    $43.19
    (Not Taxable)
    $43.19
    CARRIER HOUSING BOLT
    $0.93
    (Not Taxable)
    $0.93

2. Delta Flyer II

Delta Flyer II Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yeah, I sent the armrest back.... seller was a pain to deal with, they said the cupholder is the armrest compartment. Where in the world is there a square cupholder in any car? Anyway, found the "hopefully" correct version on ebay and it's in NJ so I should have it next week... Fingers crossed... I'll post pics of it installed once it arrives... But at least there are pics of the Yaris armrest inside the PC1

3. Scrittibear

Scrittibear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Yes please let me know how this works out for you - I have the OEM Armrest/ Storage compartment and the metal bracket to attach it to (all Toyota Parts) - but it's not easy nor intuitive at all to install. I am going to take everything to the dealership and have them install it to avoid the frustration. Grrr.......

4. Whirldy

Whirldy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Looks good!

So, for this Yaris Armrest from Amazon…do you have the Amazon "B0000" [ correct part] number handy? (y)

Thanks! :)

ps— does anyone have the OEM part numbers for the center-console / armrest, et al?

5. Delta Flyer II

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I sent the one from Amazon back, it was not the one I wanted and it does not have the hidden cup holder. It also lacked proper support so when you actually put your arm on it it would tilt. I was afraid it was going to break . The one I have now I ordered from eBay and it is the one that I wanted. Has a built in hidden compartment, coin holder and hidden rear cup holder. It's also a one piece and installs in the rear cup holder and is supported by the extra rear cubby. I will be installing it tomorrow night and will post pictures....

I will post the eBay seller as well... As for amazon with my research seeing they sent a totally different product the seller on amazon sells under 5 different names so its likely he would send the same wrong product at higher or lower prices.

6. Delta Flyer II

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    This is the one I found on eBay. eBay item number 151075995784

7. Whirldy

Whirldy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Does the armrest have an insert?

[​IMG]

8. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Hey... don't show the hidden storage spot. :D

9. Whirldy

Whirldy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    :D

10. Delta Flyer II

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Okay, so it has arrived and its installed... I didn't take any before shots, because well we all know what the Pc1 looks like without an armrest lol.... But here is the one from eBay installed...

Hope you all like them.... :) Let me know if you anyone wants me to take any other shots....

Attached Files:

tk1971 and RC4 like this.
  11. RC4

RC4 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thanks for the update Delta. Does it fit pretty snug and feel solid with your arm on it?

12. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    damn that looks great! did you actually screw it down or just left it alone?

13. Delta Flyer II

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    3M taped around the base, gently put it in place so it's holding just with the 2-sided stick tape. I drove on the freeway, over tracks, made some hard turns, etc.. Seems to be holding with no rattles and I put it through over kill usage to ensure if it were kicked from the back or if someone opened the cup holder in rear roughly that it would not jar loose...

Very happy with it... Worth the $50....

14. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    slowly making it into a C2 lol. i gotta order it. must have

15. Delta Flyer II

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Yes.... It does... The fact that its one piece which has the base that fits in the entire cup holder and rest on the area just behind the e-brake provides extra sturdiness. It doesn't feel awkward putting up or putting down the e-brake and the little cubby in front and in rear are still usable and accessible. Seatbelt use is also not obstructed. While as I was at the dealer I sat in a Pc2, if you extend the OEM armrest, this one will sit about the same.

The one I had from amazon I felt afraid to lean on it as you could hear it crackle with any amount of pressure. That one also stuck out to far so e-brake use was not normal. I found myself putting it up or sticking my hand underneath. Not a natural feeling. This one also has more padding. I will be taking a road trip this weekend so I'll report comfort use.

16. Delta Flyer II

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hahaha, yes without the Pc2 price tag.... Next Cruise Control.... Depending on the $$... Fingers crossed... But for the armrest, I think one of the must haves, can't beat $50 and its OEM like in terms of color... Once it was installed it looks like its always been there. Matches really well

17. Delta Flyer II

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Here are photos of the one I sent back....

Attached Files:

18. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Well I just bought the eBay one. Should be here next week Monday. Hopefully before !

19. Delta Flyer II

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    If from the same seller, possibly before... My shipped really fast...

20. Delta Flyer II

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Okay, so during the road trip and about 56 miles into, the coin holder... no go... I will be lining it with felt... I could hear the change in the holder rattling down the highway it was starting to annoy... Other than that, seems comfy so far... Will keep you all posted during the rest of the trip... 200 more miles lol...