1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

prius c NON-SKS key fob programming (chicken dance)

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by zmyr88, Jan 13, 2016.

1. zmyr88

zmyr88 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2014 Prius C. and I like to skip the dealer tech programming a replacement key for the car. do I need like on some older cars 2 WORKING master keys. or can my good one code a blank and if so what's the procedure. i know a RESEED is 300 but i figured i have one WORKING key ... thanks.

2. Sean Nelson

Sean Nelson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    As far as I know you only need one master key. But the Prius C keys use a rotating transponder code, so you can't simply use a "clonable key" (one that duplicates the original key's ID). I believe the pairing procedure requires special equipment that only the dealers have. I spent a fair amount of effort trying to find an "automotive locksmith" that could get me a new key and none of them were able to deal with the car, so I eventually caved and had the dealer do it.

3. zmyr88

zmyr88 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    damit so no chicken dance like the old ones :( guess i didn't really SAVE anything. except the cost of the key. if anyone FIND the programming steps. for it... and sadly i have the TWO not the three which i hear locksmiths CAN CODE! ( guess it was cracked)