1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C One Turn Signals Do Not Flash when Car Locked

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by LMR47, Aug 7, 2021.

1. LMR47

LMR47 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    The sideview mirror flashers work as turn signals, but do not when locking the car as indicated in the manual: "The emergency flashers flash to indicate that the doors have been locked."

Is this a service item or something that may have been deactivated somehow in a way I can remedy it?

The vehicle is a 2018 Prius C with about 11,000 miles on it.

Thanks.

2. Danny13pruisc3

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    If not purchased new, that may have been an internal setting that the previous owner had turned off. Likely if you invest less than $30 on toyota techstream and cable, you can change that setting to turn it back on. I found mine cheapest on amazon some people find it cheaper on ebay.

3. LMR47

LMR47 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Thanks for the insight. It was purchased new. I am not familiar with techstream or how it works. And which version works with my model? Are there tutorials?

4. LMR47

LMR47 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    I was able to fix the problem. I went to SETUP and thru that got to the customization menu/lights, where I could set it.