1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Preferred Replacement Tires

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PriusC_Commuter, Sep 23, 2015.

1. PriusC_Commuter

PriusC_Commuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm at about 62k miles on my stock Prius C tires (Bridgestone Ecopia 422 I think). Should I get the Bridgestone Ecopia 422 Plus, or is it worth the cost difference for the upgrade to the Michelin Energy Saver A/S? Are the Michelin Energy Saver and Michelin Energy Saver A/S different?

2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    The 4th gen Prius at Las Vegas were using the ep422 plus. Not an endorsement. Just fwiw.

PriusC_Commuter likes this.
  3. PriusC_Commuter

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It seems it will be about $425 at Costco for Bridgestone Ecopia 422 PLUS versus $530 at Sam's Club for Michelin Energy Saver A/S.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Both of those will have $70 off offer on occasion. I think Michelin in the fall, typcically during snow tire purchase season. Not sure about when Bridgestone has the offer..., in the spring? Costco will take the $70 off at the till, and that reduces sales tax as well.

If I was shopping 15", and just considering Bridgestone, I'd be hard pressed to choose between EP20 and EP422+. The EP20 is more what-you-see-is-what-you-get, regarding tread pattern: it only comes in 195/65R15, so pictures in ads are realistic. It's also bit cheaper maybe I think, and no slouch for LRR. The EP422+ picture in the ads shows tread pattern for a wider tire; in 195 width it has one less row and kinda wide gap. Probably works just fine, but just saying.

5. PriusC_Commuter

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Costco only carries Energy Saver in my area, not Energy Saver A/S unfortunately. Michelin's $70 off is good through September 30th (supposedly if they don't extend it), so I'm looking at purchasing in the next week. Bridgestone has a $70 VISA rebate, but not if you purchase at Costco. I'll stick with the 175/65/R15 size for the Prius C.