1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C review

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Sabby, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1202_2012_toyota_prius_c/

2. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I found this strange in the review

The lack of power at higher speeds is in other reviews, but I haven't heard about the "brittle ride quality". It may be down to a bad jobs on the 16s though. Has anyone that has driven one found this problem.

This seems like the opposite conclusion from car and driver, who did not like the car much, but thought many would like its combination of features and price.

3. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2012 Toyota Prius C package ONE, Dealer Demo!

4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, Honda's only had itself to blame. When they first released the Insight they didn't even put Cruise Control on the base (LX) model. To get cruise you had to buy the EX with MSRP $21,300, putting it within $1,300 of the $22,600 2010 Prius II. If you followed the EPA Numbers, the Prius would pay for itself. Really, really bad move in a car targeting fuel economy.

Plus, the deal killer for us was the low rear roof. Sensibly, Toyota have made the c a more conventional hatchback.

Finally, if you follow EPA for the c (and note that preliminary reports on hitting those numbers are good for the c, as expected of a subcompact) at $4 gas, you're going to save $190 for each 10,000 miles. The Two is the same price the LX was, has better fuel economy and comes from a company with rock-solid hybrid reliability.

The "flopping" Insight was selling 2k per month with gas prices anywhere near $4. The c is a better deal all round and subcompact sales are higher than ever. How can you compare?

5. Mister MMT

Mister MMT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. phenoyz

phenoyz Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does it struggle going uphill?

7. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Prius C owner review!

8. danlwolf

danlwolf New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for posting your Priuc C review. Could you talk some more about the ride/handling? I own an '08 and a '10 Prius, so I don't expect a sports car, but I'd like to know more about the driving experience. I read that the 16" wheels make for a rougher ride, but you didn't seem bothered by it. Please expand. And how is the general noise level, especially when going uphill or accelerating? Any information along these lines will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Dan