1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Shut Off with One Bar of Fuel

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Silver101, May 21, 2013.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I wouldn't be so confident in your predictions. We don't know w/absolutely certainty how full the tank is filled each time, unless you're visibly filling it to the brim each and every time.

The Gas Gauge Says Full, But That's Not Quite True: NPR | PriusChat might be insightful, even though it's a Ford engineer speaking.

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    No, you are right. I don't know how much gas goes in. But I do trust the float to be consistent with the amount at the light. That is independent of the amount of gas put in the tank.

3. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It's less horrible than the non-hybrid equivalent. The car gives you a gauge, similarly accurate to other vehicles, then tells you to fill up both with an audible sound and continual flashing visible indicator. The only thing the car doesn't do, is forcibly drive you to a nearby gas station.

The good news is that if you do completely ignore all the warnings and hazards and actually run out of fuel, you can run on battery power alone for a short distance to pull off the road safely instead of just stalling in the middle of the road.

4. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    But if they're the type to have ignored all the previous warnings, what makes anyone think they'll be aware of the fact that they're depleting the last few feet of energy they have and won't wind up stopping in the middle of the road anyway?

ztanos and Ashley7 like this.