1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C software/ECU reprogramme

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by Stevie, May 18, 2014.

1. Stevie

Stevie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Guys, I am in Australia and own a 2012 Prius C, I have been offered a Toyota factory Software upgrade that will give the car more oomph (technical term) I am actually in the trade, and have tried to find out more but as you can guess information is limited, but I have found out it is done by using a software upgrade that is only available to owners in the US , (hence why only one dealer here (the one that offered it to me) knows about it), so my question is do any of the US owners know about it ? I was first offered it a year ago, so anyone who has had it done would of have it over a year ago, what I would like to know is, what is difference did it make ?, more oomph must be some loss in efficiency surely,
    any other information greatly appreciated.

2. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Never heard of it and I have been doing promo's for Toyota for years. Also know many corporate tech trainers. Will give a call and see if there's any meat to this. I'm going with doubtful.

3. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    even if there's such a thing (which I doubt...because didn't toyota just do a major recall to sort of restrict the use of battery power in the prius?)...battery problems will surely arise from trying to get more omph out of it

4. mertechperformance

mertechperformance Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If anything it'd probably be a slight change in say throttle response or the like. To be fair a regular Prius and a Prius V have the same engine/hp/tq ratings yet unloaded the Prius V is peppier. So in that instance the HUGE mpg hit isn't from weight and aerodynamics but mostly the reprogramming. They figure the V will more likely than not be pretty close to fully loaded with people and cargo and the regular Prius to be more likely used say a couple or a single commuter.

5. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would guess the final drive ratio makes the v seem pepier off the line, but restricts its top speed, and hurts cruising MPG. I do not think software changes are as great as gearing.