1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Three or Four

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Minnesotan, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Minnesotan

Minnesotan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Ok, I am starting a thread too many. What is the consensus between the different levels of Prius C? Specifically, what are people's thoughts about upgrading to a Prius C Four? It doesn't seem to add much more besides the alloys and the Softex material?

Does the $2K additional prices justify those additions? What would you pick? Prius Three or Four?

2. d1morgj0

d1morgj0 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: Pirus C Three or Four

I would go with the 3... however, the 4 does offer more than just the softex and wheels... like heated seats and mirrors and the fog lights... which apparently you cant do yourself aftermarket...

3. scrimshaw

scrimshaw New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I'm leaning towards the 3 myself. I'm not a fan of the Softex seats. Also, I've heard that with the 16 inch wheels, you get a less sharp turning radius.

4. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

I went in wanting the 4, but I ultimately chose the 3 and I couldn't be happier with it!!

5. Minnesotan

Minnesotan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Mea Culpa, my terrible spelling. The larger wheels, according to Consumer Guide, also contributes to a harsh ride. However, I prefer their design. Anyone find the ride in a Prius Four harsh?

6. Minnesotan

Minnesotan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Prius Four also has a sport-tuned suspension (according to consumer guide). Is that true?!

7. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

I was think about getting the four one, but I chose the three.

don't like the 16 inch wheel even it looks better. lol

8. bdub

bdub New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

I got the 3. I didn't care to pay the extra cost for 16" wheels and fake leather. That's just me though.

9. Oldwolf

Oldwolf Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four

I test drove the C4 and liked it a lot. I have not driven a C3 yet. I am leaning towards getting a C3 myself though.

10. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I went with the 3 because for me, alloy wheels are just for looks and I don't care for leather or leather like substances. Although my girlfriends Lexus Rx 350 has heated AND air conditioned leather which is nice! I still have all the techno goodies and a moonroof which I've never had before so I'm set.

11. R11

R11 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

The 4 comes standard with the 15" alloys (with the tighter turning radius). Adding the 16" alloy wheels option will make the ride a bit harsher and decrease the turning radius. Despite some reviews' comments to the contrary, the supsension appears to be the same between the 3/4.

Along with the heated seats/mirrors and foglights mentioned above (and softex), the 4 also does away with the two tone dash panel and the blue accents in favor of an all dark dash as well.

ron

12. Minnesotan

Minnesotan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Well, I think you just made my mind up R11! I don't care for the all-black interiors of cars. The 2-tone dash actually, in my opinion, makes it look more modern, less depressing, and less cheap.

13. Minnesotan

Minnesotan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

According to Edmunds:

Our optional P195/50R16 tires come with a quicker 13.2-to-1 steering ratio. But the rubber apparently fills the fenders too much, and Toyota engineers had to restrict the amount of steering lock to the point where the turning circle is 37.4 feet.

But that's not the case on the 90 percent of Prius Cs that will wear P175/65R15 rubber. These come paired with a more permissive steering rack (albeit a tad slower, at 14.4-to-1) that can hang a U-turn in 31.4 feet.

14. R11

R11 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

There you go! It's all subjective of course, as I'm just the opposite. To me the all black dash looks more sleek and less cheap! I don't really care for the light section jumbling up the lines, but the blue accent strip in particular on the two tone really bugs me. To each their own and variety is the spice of life, etc :)

As far as the wheels go I actually prefer the looks of the 15's myself. So when you throw in the reduced turning radius it kinda makes that one a no brainer for me...

ron

1 person likes this.
  15. d1morgj0

d1morgj0 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

bumping for plemieux...

16. plemieux

plemieux New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

ahhh sorry I didn't see this thread before I posted a new one. thanks!

17. plemieux

plemieux New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I'm still torn. I really want the fog lights. I don't really need heated seats or mirrors in Memphis where it snows maybe 1-3" once or twice a year. I've never had leather seats so I won't be missing them either.

Anyway I can purchase the fog lights separately from the dealer?

18. Valborg

Valborg Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four

The Prius C will be the first new car that I will own. I made sure I test drove both the 3 and 4 trims before making my decision. The exterior of both trims look the same, aside from the fog lamps and the 16" wheels you can only get on the 4. I wanted the fog lamps but the reduced turning radius of the 16" wheels was their down fall in my mind. The interior in the 4 was what won me over. I personally didn't like the multi-colored dash in the 3. I prefer the look of the mostly black dash in the 4. The softex seats were also something that I liked a lot from my test drive. All my other cars I've owned have had cloth seats, and I guess this time around I wanted something different. The fact that the heated seats option comes standard on the 4 doesn't hurt either. Honestly the color of my Pc4 was my hardest decision (I ended up picking Blue Streak Metallic). For me I wanted to get a car that I would be happy with for a long time with no regrets or wishes that I had picked something different.

On the flip side, more 3s are being made then the 4s. So choosing a 3 should net a car quicker then a 4. At least in my case this is true.

19. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'd strongly suggest getting the Prius c One and modifying everything yourself. It's cheaper and comes out looking better. The Prius c is just not a $24,000 car.

20. orangenerd

orangenerd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I bought a three but want the fog lights...just my thoughts but can't a auto repair shop simply order oem fog light components and install them into the three... kinda like how they can order parts to fix cars which got into accidents? Am I missing something?