1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Prius C Trade-in for Plug-in

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by kenp11, Oct 22, 2012.

1. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Don't trade in a new car like your c! Find what used Prius c ( there won't be many) prices are around your area and then sell yours 500 bucks below that. Let buyers know that it's a better deal than they will get at the car lot! The dealership will give you bottom dollar and then sell it for whatever the retail market level is. Selling used cars is usually a dealer's biggest dollar maker.

If you sell it yourself, you'll need to have a little patience, keep the car clean enough to show at all times and make sure you hang a for sale sign on it that contains all the data a potential buyer would need to know. Plan the sign out and do it neatly. That helps quite a bit. I only trade a car in when I know it won't sell. Your c should sell quite easily.

When our kids went away to college, and we were done with the "Minivan" I decided to see what it would trade in for. Local dealerships were offering me an average red hot $5,500 if I traded it. It was 4 years old and in perfect shape, inside and out. So I checked out the used market and found the dealers selling this van for $10,000 to $12,000! I put my for sale sign on it and within 2 weeks it sold for $9,800. I made $4,300 above the average trade in offer! Used that cash when we bought our 2005 Prius.

JMD likes this.