1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PRIUS C triangle of death,check engine light,chk hybrid system etc

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by jon1 aqua(prius c), Aug 6, 2017.

1. jon1 aqua(prius c)

jon1 aqua(prius c) New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A
    Yesterday i was riding my prius c when suddenly 4 lights popped up on my dashboard.I got it obd scanned and the scanner guy told me that the battery pack was faulty at 200000 kms on the odometer I was sure that the battery was still fine but the obd was putting the battery pack at fault.so I decided to open up the battery pack.I succeeded in opening up the battery pack and was amazed to find corrosion in the connectors which caused these faults to pop up.I unbolted all the connectors and soaked them in vinegar before sanding them.then sodium bicarbonate solution was used to neutralize them.Finally i cleaned everything and tested all the modules voltages,all were above 8volts ,then I cleared the obd codes and assembled everything back .The car nows runs smoother and more efficient than before and the errors never came back.So I was getting the code something like P0A80 which meant to replace hybrid battery pack whereas the batttery pack was good.In fact the corroded connectors were restricting the flow of electricity and causing these issues.the modules were not properly charging or discharging due to this.Conclusion: if ever you get these lights showing up,do not panic and do not blame the battery pack or modules.Now everything back to normal and it runs like new

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there's only one code for a battery not operating correctly. you're right, it's always worth trying a few different things if you are able.
    congrats and well done!(y)